Talk

Advanced search

MLMs/ Network Marketing: Thread 45

(830 Posts)
Spongebobette Wed 05-Dec-18 12:24:53

This is the 45th thread in a long series about the dangers of network marketing/ MLMs such as Forever Living, Ariix, NuSkin, Arbonne, Younique, Valentus, TS Life, Monat, Stella and Dot, Tropic, various slimroast/weight loss coffee MLMs and MANY MANY more!
Posts here will give examples of the lies told by 'top bots' who portray luxury lifestyles in order to lure in new victims and of the other techniques and brainwashing used by MLMs.
The reality is that 97% of people who join an MLM end up LOSING money. Always bear that in mind when considering paying money to join!

JasperRising Wed 05-Dec-18 12:27:06

I put this on the end of the last thread but I will put it here too:

On the subject of scientifically meaningless statements. I think my favourites are:
1: FL bots stating that bio cellulose means their face masks are 'backed by science' followed by the claim that other companies don't invest in science hmm

2: Juice plus (I think?) Bots claiming their products are backed by 'gold standard' research. I still have no idea who they think defines or assigns these standards. I suppose you could argue that research published in a peer reviewed journal with a high impact factor might be of gold standard. But has research supporting JP products ever been published in one of those journals...

I despair of critical analysis and even basis scientific awareness.

cozietoesie Wed 05-Dec-18 12:55:12

Thanks, Sponge.

foreverastri2 Wed 05-Dec-18 14:40:21

i shall join y'all here! 😁

Paddy1234 Wed 05-Dec-18 15:52:27

Just bookmarking myself

Was I dreaming or did Yawn say she was going to take December off but is already off her sick bed doing a training video. I could be mistaken though.

OhMyGodTheyKilledKenny Wed 05-Dec-18 16:15:00

When someone on the last thread questioned whether or not Wig's photos could be any more heavily filtered I think she took it as a challenge (either that or someone popped a hallucinogenic in my afternoon cup of tea confused )

SSDGM Wed 05-Dec-18 16:47:08

Bookmarking!

Do we think that Wig’n’Sleaze - the celebrity couple we neither want nor have asked for - are over for good? Will it be lonely this Christmas in Ponzi land? With only a few worthless bitcoins and a 3D printer to keep them company in their individual caravans?

Spongebobette Wed 05-Dec-18 18:47:23

I don’t know why they don’t just cash in all their bitcoin and retire to a tropical island. Must be because they love helping people so much?

cozietoesie Wed 05-Dec-18 18:57:10

Must be.......😀

Whiterangey Wed 05-Dec-18 20:39:11

Thanks Sponge.

If Wig and Sleaze a grisly had all Tyne bitcoin they kept on claiming they were buying they will have lost tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands.

Obviously they only have a teeny amount as they are broke.

CurlsandCurves Wed 05-Dec-18 21:40:52

Just had a local business fab group spammed by a lady asking if anyone wants to become a self employed travel agent, no experience required, full training given.

Someone said they were interested, they got the ‘I’ll pm you hun’. I posted asking if it was ABTA and ATOL protected. Got a like, but funnily enough, no response.....

What should I post next, huns?

CurlsandCurves Wed 05-Dec-18 21:41:35

And a quick look through her history shows she was previously Arbonne....

Paddy1234 Wed 05-Dec-18 23:25:03

Welsh bot has qualified for rally at 5000cc - a huge drop from the 12500cc heights a couple of years ago.
The bots that qualified before at this level was about the 40k$ bonus.
However would assume that the bonus pot is not great this year.
Looking forward to seeing the level that uber is - what cc level was she last year - does anyone know?

notsurewhatshappening Thu 06-Dec-18 02:02:28

Place marking...

ArbunneHun Thu 06-Dec-18 06:57:18

There’s a post from BP, Forever’s country manager, urging UK FBO’s to do a C9 before Christmas to generate some before & after photos ready to push C9s in the New Year.

That’s right, BP. Get your beleaguered victims spending money they don’t have just before Christmas on a crash diet so that you can make your numbers. If the sales aren’t coming from outside the pyramid, you’ve got to keep those FBOs spending.

spanfan Thu 06-Dec-18 07:39:16

Welshbot didn't go last year so it's an improvement for her. Which is a shame. 😂

Paddy1234 Thu 06-Dec-18 08:31:33

Welsh bot didn't go but she still
Received a cheque and qualified for the rally - I think she got around the 40k mark - although great, a far cry from the heady days of nearly 400k

JasperRising Thu 06-Dec-18 09:02:28

The way they big up their current successes and just ignore that they are much less than two years ago, they must know that either their downline are in on it and doing the same and/or the turnover is so high that their current downline won't know to question it.

And it's not just the top bots, I've seen FL bots who got small bonus cheques a few years ago making out they are delighted by a daim bar and confirmation that they are almost qualified for free travel to Stockholm... hmm

JasperRising Thu 06-Dec-18 09:06:44

And when you are recruiting new people, even the lower levels of success the top bots are getting must be a fairly good sell if the targets don't research. I mean, I would be impressed by a £40000 bonus (if I wasn't told about the hidden expenses and that it could have been ten times as much in the past).

ArbunneHun Thu 06-Dec-18 10:08:56

...or the fact that the ‘bonus’ is something that you need desperately to stay afloat and that it will all be going to pay off the taxman/your mortgage arrears/the school fees that are due/your credit card bill.

It’s not going to pay for life’s little luxuries.

Paddy1234 Thu 06-Dec-18 10:18:47

And there is the problem. Categorically all the top bots have seriously overspent thinking that was there life to be in the future.
So for many, these look like serious incomes and bonuses - it's a bit like a lottery win and they won't be able to sustain the lifestyle.

Does anyone remember when Uber had her designer bags stolen and when they posted that picture of a Range Rover full to brimming with designer goods. I have no sympathy.

ElektraLOL Thu 06-Dec-18 10:29:50

Sadly I can report that Roomie has not left FL. I hope she eventually does. She actually is an intelligent person.

Spongebobette Thu 06-Dec-18 10:30:03

It's interesting that the photos of designer bags and luxury goods have pretty much stopped. There was a time when they were all buying these status symbols and putting them on FB in their profiles, along with the new car. Uber used to buy expensive bags for her favourites.

Now it's more about being able to stay at home with a sick child.

One Younique bot I follow did a boast post about having her hair cut last week and her 'little makeup business' paying for it.

FleeBee Thu 06-Dec-18 10:51:37

Was there something going on in Warwick last week. A woman I met a while ago at a Pilates class mentioned she missed our class as she was at a conference with her aloe business.
It's the first time she's ever mentioned it, but we rarely chat more than basic hello & goodbye. Do I need to find a new Pilates session ? Although she does appear to be a rubbish bot as first mention is 6 months in. Or is it a long game?!

Spongebobette Thu 06-Dec-18 10:52:41

Was that the Success Express at the Ricoh Arena (in the smallest part of it they could hire!)?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: