Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help needed Re Bank Charges

(5 Posts)
jofeb04 Fri 22-Jun-07 10:20:59

Basically, the bank informed me that we would recieve information on claim, whether we are successful or not etc.

Rang them today, as no letter, and was informed that a letter has been sent out to us today, and 60pounds was placed in our bank. WTF!! We weren't even claiming that, loads more, and lady on phone admitted it was in error. she is emailing the department, to look at our letter again.

When I asked if it was going to take another 8weeks, she informed me that she didn't know.

She said she will phone me when she gets a response, so hoping for a phone call today. (heres hoping anyway!)

If it does, it's going to be 16weeks!!

What should I do? Wait for a response, or send another letter?

Thanks

Tortington Fri 22-Jun-07 10:24:16

on money expert it says that we should dictate the pace not the banks.

however i too have recieved another letter from co-op saying another 4 weeks.

am thinking that the banks are waiting for definative legal decision or change of law.

cathcart Fri 22-Jun-07 10:24:45

I would give it say 48hours and then send a letter and make a follow up phone call. Mine took about 10/12 weeks from start to finish so considering they have m,ade an error I wouldn't worry too much just yet .
Good luck!

DominiConnor Fri 22-Jun-07 10:27:19

I don't believe for a second the 60 quid was an "error", it was a fob off.

jofeb04 Fri 22-Jun-07 10:28:02

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to phone them this afternoon, to make sure the email got sent

Thing is, when I talked to another guy on the phone last Wednesday, he said we will get a letter! But, it's for the wrong bloody person

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now