Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

UC payment

(7 Posts)
myloveben7 Fri 10-Aug-18 23:49:42

Hi, we get UC paid on monthly basis (4weeks). Last month were been paid less as there were 5 payments of earnings during this period (5 weeks). Please advice

movinonup Sat 11-Aug-18 00:41:42

Unfortunately this will be correct as UC go by what income has been received in a calendar month and don't grasp that if you are paid 4 weekly that one month will have 2 payments.

Babyroobs Sat 11-Aug-18 17:56:33

UC is paid monthly on the same day. If you get paid from your job four weekly there will be one month a year when you will get paid twice during your assessment period and therefore your UC payment will be reduced or wiped out altogether. If you get paid weekly this will happen a few times a year. There isn't much you can do about it unless its the fault of your employers reporting wages late. If you get paid early at christmas or because of a weekend or bank holiday it canalsobe a problem.

LG123 Sun 12-Aug-18 23:49:18

Yes this is right,

Although it can work both ways, I hadn't received a payment for a month when I went back to work full time last year, I got paid a a couple of days early for Christmas, payday was 25th so I got paid 22nd December and then 25th January, so for the assessment period 23rd December - 22nd Jan no earnings were reported and I received a full payment! I had to ring and double check, they just said lucky you keep it! If the 23rd had fallen on the Friday I'd not have got it but I'd never have even thought about it anyway!

flopsyrabbit1 Wed 15-Aug-18 20:52:12

so what happens if you are on benefits and you get 2 monthly payments of eg pip,is it the same as op's??

thank you

Babyroobs Wed 15-Aug-18 21:34:29

Pip is nothing to do with universal credit and isn't counted as part of it, it is paid separately and doesn't really influence UC at all..

flopsyrabbit1 Wed 15-Aug-18 21:46:33

lol,of course it is was not thinking,flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: