Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM Bot Watch 40 - Forever Living is 40! Yet still 99% of people in all MLM's lose money

(985 Posts)
Whiterangey Tue 29-May-18 12:27:51

Not making money with Forever Living?
Not making money with any MLM?
How to make money with Forever Living?
How to make money with MLM?

Maybe this report done for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by Jon M. Taylor, MBA, Ph.D., of the Consumer Awareness Institute may have the reason why.

www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/public_comments/trade-regulation-rule-disclosure-requirements-and-prohibitions-concerning-business-opportunities-ftc.r511993-00008%C2%A0/00008-57281.pdf

When someone urges you to join an MLM in their downline with tales of the riches you can earn, all they are trying to do is use you to earn themselves more money. They know the stats, they know you won't make money and you will lose money, and friends.

They will lovebomb you, be your best friend, be all over you and then drop you like a stone.

Look at the person who is your uplines facebook. See how the people who were tagged in her statuses a year ago the same way you are tagged now are doing. Are they still with the company? Many won't be. Those who are will still not be doing well, exactly the same as a year ago, or two years ago.

If you are in Forever living, check facebook for the global rally cheques of your upline, notice how they have been going down year on year? The market reached saturation point in 2015, it's downhill since then and things will get worse, not better.

Most MLM's in the UK are at the same point, we are not a huge country and MLM's have reached saturation point.

Lonelybutnice Tue 29-May-18 12:45:33

Placemarking smile

ArbunneHun Tue 29-May-18 12:48:04

Let this thread commence with the celebration of what appears to be the end of the last act in the drama that has been... VALENTUS

Huns & manhuns: I give you the scam that kept us all on the edges of our seats throughout 2017... give it up for Valentus, their Loubs-loving, Rangel-driving “Diamonds”, and the never was and never will be UK/EU Compliant SLIMROAST COFFEE!

Whiterangey Tue 29-May-18 13:15:35

What???!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Today is a good today.

What happened? This is brilliant!

dadandmum Tue 29-May-18 13:34:33

Oh yawn bot, the Goal Board photo you posted yesterday is missing the really large image of Dallas and the big fat cheque you didn't get this time.....

tallulahwullah Tue 29-May-18 13:35:29

Yes THIS.....,I bloody resent people that try & sell you into their MLM scheme or hard sell you the buy rubbish you don't want!!

JohnnyKarate Tue 29-May-18 13:53:56

I think one of my friends has fallen into the trap. Trying to stay neutral but it is hard.

It's NU Skin. I've never heard of it before but she is following the script and telling us about the big annual meet up to the very ominous sounding 'Island'.

I've found the threads very interesting, I haven't read them all but skimmed the latest one and read Elle Beaus blog, which is so eye-opening, off the back of a post on here. So thank you!

BSintolerant Tue 29-May-18 14:34:58

Eeeeek! It's the Naughty Forty thread. 😉

Is Valentus really no more? Has it ceased to be? Has it expired and gone to meet its maker? Is it a stiff? Bereft of life, it's kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-MLM!

Bloody hell ... I hope it's dead and not pining for the Midlands.

Jonsey32 Tue 29-May-18 15:12:47

Have I missed something?
What’s happened to Valentus?

ArbunneHun Tue 29-May-18 15:32:15

It looks like the final, crumbling walls are falling down... according to a few reliable sources. Hopefully, it will all be public very soon.

ArbunneHun Tue 29-May-18 15:34:42

Nu:Scam: outrageously expensive products, epically scandalous senior management team, shocking average income statement.

Do not touch with a barge pole.

JohnnyKarate Tue 29-May-18 15:39:40

Don't worry Arbunne, I won't buy anything. A few of my friends have bought the Lumi Spa but the pictures she is using to promote them are hilarious and I am mortified that people are falling for it.

ArbunneHun Tue 29-May-18 15:44:56

A little background reading:

behindmlm.com/companies/nu-skin/nu-skin-to-pay-47-million-to-settle-chinese-pyramid-suit/

JohnnyKarate Tue 29-May-18 15:53:18

Thanks for the link. Will have a read and try to have a tactful word with my friend, and if that fails just call her out on the bull shit.

9dartfinish Tue 29-May-18 16:04:03

Johnny Karate, Nu Skin much like Forever Living appear to have peaked in the UK and have saturated the whole country with distributors.

The amount of so called "successful" Hunbots who didn't qualify for the recent success trip to Nu Skin HQ in Utah was hilarious.

Likewise the recent Marbella Success Summit, hunbots who pushed the boat out to get there last year and were extremely conspicuous by thier absence this year.

Thier most successful distributor quit the company earlier this year.

YouOKHun Tue 29-May-18 16:09:30

I’ll be glued to this thread for news of Valentus. I’ve not heard anything yet about the end being nigh.

9dartfinish Tue 29-May-18 16:24:40

Another article on Nu Skin from Ethan Vanderbuilt

ethanvanderbuilt.com/2014/11/24/nu-skin-scam-yes-opinion/

Tw1nsetAndPearls Tue 29-May-18 16:46:29

@Whiterangey I like the tone of this thread. I hope we can prevent more women from being sucked into the MLM world.

Tw1nsetAndPearls Tue 29-May-18 17:21:19

valentus groups are still promoting and recruiting, either in denial or trying to squeeze out the last penny of two.

cozietoesie Tue 29-May-18 18:08:26

Thanks, White. smile

Spongebobette Tue 29-May-18 18:50:44

EXCELLENT thread title @Whiterangey and back to what we all started out to do; open potential recruits' eyes to the deception and lies around MLM

Whiterangey Tue 29-May-18 19:06:03

Salon has just posted what can only be described as a complete load of bollocks on her facebook page.

Apparently lots of people used to comment on how she looked, her eyebrows, that she had children from a previous relationship and other stuff.

Nope, a lot of people commented on how ruthless she was and how she would use people, be mean to them, and do whatever she could to make money. She seriously harmed people, really really tried her hardest to destroy people. She left many women in tears and broke, unable to feed their children, all while she is posting her stupid fake louboutins and stupid wedding which were paid for from the money she scammed from her downline.

I dread to think how much she scammed from those under her in the confirmed Ponzi Traffic Monsoon. I'm still hoping, as she will have ended up as a netwinner, that the receivers will come after her when they start to do clawbacks. They can be very very nasty about getting money back and most people do pay up.

I hope the rumours about trading standards investigating her are true, I hope HMRC also got involved and found something. If either of those things have happened, are happening, or will happen, I hope that if anything is found she is prosecuted. Mostly as punishment, but also as a warning to others.

I'm hoping that post is something to do with the rumours about the demise of Valentus and she is a bit worried.

Lonelybutnice Tue 29-May-18 19:11:24

Can anyone PM me who messiah, broke and salon are please?

Twentytwentyhindsight Tue 29-May-18 19:46:27

@Whiterangey - Don't forget that Salon was also encouraging all & sundry to spend money they didn't have to stock up on a product that was prohibited for resale, even as others were sounding alarm bells.

A real piece of work.

cozietoesie Tue 29-May-18 21:16:58

She would do as she was toldadvised. The 'Organisation' isn't going to lose out. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: