Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Abu to be absolutely fuming with timewasters

(12 Posts)
Bekstar Tue 22-May-18 18:45:01

Basically our DS5 was getting to big for his outdoor playhouse, it's lovely quality wooden, painted up nice, has a little window box, tiled floor, solar light and is airtight and sturdy etc. He wants a trampoline. (We have already got it, hidden away as a surprise). He is too tall now for playhouse so as an I sent at I've for him to part with it we said he could sell it online and put money towards a trampoline and we would pay the rest. It cost well over £200 and is excellent quality and we only asked £25 for it. So far we sold it on a Facebook quid bid site twice, both buyers pulled out after winning the bid. Now we listed on ebay and got exactly the same response. Despite saying in tbe post that cash on collection was only an option if done within 24 hours, otherwise must be paid by PayPal and collected within 3 days. Roll on day 5 and buyer is coming up with excuse after excuse but still insists he wants it but won't pay by PayPal and won't give a time for collecting. AIBU to be angry now with time wasters. We can't get DS trampoline in because we have limited garden space. But seriously why bid on something if you don't want to collect or pay.

Fflamingo Tue 22-May-18 18:54:38

Maybe if you'd asked more you'd have got more serious buyers. Just saying so you can try that if you have advertise it again.

MLMsuperfan Tue 22-May-18 19:16:26

Should have written "no timewasters" on the ad.

athingthateveryoneneeds Tue 22-May-18 19:18:18

If you lived near me I'd be interested and not waste your time!

But yes, very frustrating for you all.

snotato Tue 22-May-18 19:23:11

Whereabouts are you Bekstar? If you’re near me I can get oh to pick it up from you tomorrow 🤞🏻

ParentInCharge Tue 22-May-18 19:30:17

Honestly I would post it again for more money. If it's as nice as you say, a higher price will attract more serious buyers.

8pinksnails Tue 22-May-18 19:42:02

Just in terms of protecting yourself you're better only accepting cash upon collection as with PayPal they can collect it and then claim they haven't meaning eBay will make you refund them.

TheEmmaDilemma Tue 22-May-18 19:57:27

I wouldn't take Paypal on a collection item. They can get it back.

Bekstar Tue 22-May-18 20:35:11

Currently waiting to see if the third highest bidder wants it. As for price I had it listed more first and had same response. As for PayPal we have CCTV camera installed so can clearly show if it was collected by them. I prefer PayPal because cause when I was in my twenties we sold something of large value and it was paid for with counterfeit notes so lost out.

specialsubject Wed 23-May-18 12:38:33

paypal will not accept that evidence. they only accept online courier tracking. you are asking to get ripped off.

Plasebeafleabite Thu 24-May-18 05:30:30

Another saying cash only not paypal

Tbh you are limiting your buyers as well. A cash buyer might take a few days to get organised to come for a playhouse but do intend to come

19lottie82 Fri 25-May-18 21:25:45

“I prefer PayPal because cause when I was in my twenties we sold something of large value and it was paid for with counterfeit notes so lost out.”

You’ve a much greater chance of being ripped off by taking PayPal for a collection item than being palmed off with counterfeit notes (as long as you check them carefully).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: