Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Prepayment meter messed up?

(8 Posts)
lyssie29 Mon 19-Mar-18 12:56:49

I topped up my electricity meter with £10 last week and when i put the key in it came up £150. I just assumed a fault on the meter and thought once the £10 runs out it'll kind of reset itself. However, thinking now what if they put the wrong amount in at the shop? I dont how they put 150 instead 10 but I cant find the receipt for it. Should I go bk to the shop and enquire? If i do and they say it was a mistake im scared they'll make me pay it bk all at once because I'm on benefits after my childrens dad passed away and I really dont know if i could take the stress of owing it especially as I'm even struggling now to put on £10 every 2 weeks. What do you think? What would you do if it was a mistake?

lyssie29 Mon 19-Mar-18 12:58:01

And if it's not the shop and it's the meter would you contact the electricity company?

Newscoliosismum Mon 19-Mar-18 12:58:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lyssie29 Mon 19-Mar-18 13:00:09

Oooh thank God haha i didnt even know i was getting it thank you!

Newscoliosismum Mon 19-Mar-18 13:01:30

lyssie29 Mon 19-Mar-18 13:12:47

Yes I remember doing it now but it was months ago before Xmas. I'm with a company called Spark energy. I never heard anything from them and forgot all about it.

Newscoliosismum Mon 19-Mar-18 13:14:48

lyssie29 Mon 19-Mar-18 15:51:02

It's ok smile ill keep adding bits so it doesn't go right down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: