Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity allowance and jsa income support.

(3 Posts)
Forevertired19 Tue 13-Mar-18 17:01:44

I'm unable to claim SMP and I was told by my employer to go to the job center. My partner was let go back in December and we've been waiting since January for any jsa money. They've really fucked us about.
I won't get paid this weekend. Nothing. I have £145 in my bank and my rent is £350 due tomorrow. It's my birthday Thursday so whatever money I have towards it will go on bills.
So today I've found out my dp can't claim income support if I claim MA. So we're stuck. On either we don't have enough to pay our bills and I'm due ds later this month. I'm already trying to keep dd in clothes. She's just shot up sad
I don't know what to do.
Im going to citizens advice on Thursday as they're closed tomorrow.. Any advice.

peachweach Tue 13-Mar-18 17:12:15

Sorry about your current situation OP thanks
Have the jobcentre given any reason as to why your DP hasn't had any JSA paid yet?
It might be worth checking on and seeing if that helps at all - could you maybe claim housing benefit and council tax benefit for help with your rent and council tax whilst your DP is out of work and you're on maternity?

sirlee66 Tue 13-Mar-18 17:14:36

I have no advice, OP, just couldn't read and run. Good plan for citizens advice when they are open. All the very best of luck and I hope your cards change very soon and DP finds a job swiftly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now