Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Business account

(9 Posts)
JustCatMumAtTheMo Sun 11-Feb-18 20:39:07

My other half needs to open a business account.. which is the best/cheapest option?
How easy is it change every now and then to get the best deals?

Namechanger2015 Sun 11-Feb-18 23:56:21

I have one with a Santander with charges me £7.50/month. It’s easy to set up and has a good online banking facility.

I do t think it’s easy to change as you would have to keep informing your clients of a change of bank account?

Hoppinggreen Mon 12-Feb-18 19:10:51

For the love of God NOT HSBC, check out the thread on Freelancers/self employed to find out why

greathat Mon 12-Feb-18 19:17:35

Hubby is with Santander and he did a lot of research first

AdoraBell Mon 12-Feb-18 19:32:51

We are with Lloyds after being advised they would be good. We are not impressed.

Thelampshadelady Mon 12-Feb-18 19:42:02

I’ve got a free account with Santander. Don’t think they offer free accounts anymore but can’t fault the service.

Hoppinggreen Mon 12-Feb-18 20:42:41

After my HSBC related trauma I switched to Yorkshire Bank and they have been absolutely brilliant. People in branch and on the phone are very helpful
Appreciate that it might not be an option for people not Oop North though

Hoppinggreen Mon 12-Feb-18 20:43:04

And I got 25 months free banking

somewhereovertherain Tue 13-Feb-18 09:22:11

Currently with yorkshire but coming to the end of our free Banking so May switch.

Can’t fault the bank and app. And use the post office to bank cash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now