Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Jsa affecting claim

(5 Posts)
vikingpooboat Fri 09-Feb-18 14:36:39

My partner is due to be released from prison soon. He will be moving in with me and my two children. I claim wt and ct and work 16 hrs a week. He has to sign on for jsa. I want to know how that affects us financially. Will I lose my wt element or do I keep that and he gets a lower rate of jsa ? As he has been away for a few years I guess we won't qualify for employment based jsa ? Any advice would be great as the benefits calculator confused me

Afreshcuppateaplease Fri 09-Feb-18 14:37:59

I think he wont get jsa and you wont be able to claim childcare costs

Afreshcuppateaplease Fri 09-Feb-18 14:38:20

Sorry see you only work 16 hours so he can get jsa

mustbemad17 Fri 09-Feb-18 14:38:26

I don't think he will qualify for JSA if you are a couple, i know i couldn't sign on when my partner was earning

mustbemad17 Fri 09-Feb-18 14:43:22

Just did a Google, he can claim as you work under 24 hours. You'd have to do a joint tax credits claim, if they take JSA as a household income then your tax credits will alter

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: