Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Financial advisor fees

(4 Posts)
Balloondog Thu 08-Feb-18 16:25:50

Inspired by a recent thread on pensions (or lack thereof) I've finally got my act together and decided to contact a financial advisor about a private pension and some financial planning.

I've made an appointment with a local outfit that came recommended and am told that after a free initial 30 minute consultation the fees are £1500 plus 0.75% of any investments made. This seems quite high given that I am not investing hundreds of thousands of pounds. However, I've never done this before so it could be a perfectly reasonable fee... has anyone got any experience with this who could advise?

Hercules12 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:47:38

No advice but we're doing similar thing after that thread and company dh has appointment with has similar fees.

HermioneWeasley Thu 08-Feb-18 19:49:44

I pay a management fee on investments, but get an annual review and advice included. I’ve never paid a separate fee. I’m wth Tilney.

Balloondog Thu 08-Feb-18 20:50:08

Thanks both, seems it's in the ball park then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now