Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM Bot Watch 35 how to lose friends and alienate people with Younique Forever Living Juice Plus Arbonne Crypto currency and tea and coffee MLM cults

(817 Posts)
BSintolerant Fri 19-Jan-18 19:04:54

Thread 34 may be no more;
Thread 35 is quite alive.

Let's make sure it stays that way.

This thread is here to expose the garageful of lies pedalled by multi level marketing (network marketing) schemes, i.e outrageous health claims, unlimited wealth and residual earnings, to name but a few.

#sackthebot

acatcalledjohn Fri 19-Jan-18 19:31:48

Thanks BS. Thought I'd come back after a several thread absence to attempt to get some sensible behaviour back to the threads and I wasn't always sensible. These threads used to be such a good source of info, combined with discussing the morbid fascination of bot behaviour.

God phorbid this thread gets deleted too...

miffytherabbit1974 Fri 19-Jan-18 19:35:04

It's good to start afresh. The deletion of the last thread gave me pause for thought. I mentioned it earlier, but there's a lot to laugh at with MLM and Pyramidy-scamalamadingdongs. But that laughter becomes questionable when it turns into mockery of individuals who can easily be identified. I apologise for being a part of that.

I loathe MLM and I forgot that it's not always applicable/appropriate to see everyone in it as fair game.

SangriaInTheSun Fri 19-Jan-18 19:35:28

Did I miss 34? I'm sure I was in the middle of it yesterday?

BSintolerant Fri 19-Jan-18 19:39:25

No, you weren't imagining thread 34. It is a deceased thread: it is no more. It has rung down the final curtain and joined the choir invisible.

If only these bloody pyramid schemes would do the same.

BSintolerant Fri 19-Jan-18 19:41:11

Acat MLM schemes should be phorbidden! grin

WellThatsATurnipForTheBooks Fri 19-Jan-18 19:44:54

Ooh seems I missed something. I've been reading the threads but not contributed a while.

Glad I found you all. I was a bit worried when I went to my Watched Threads and saw it had been deleted.

ReformedBot Fri 19-Jan-18 19:54:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Nunyabusiness Fri 19-Jan-18 20:33:02

Cor blimey it's been a busy day here, hasn't it?

Time to get back on track

Jonsey32 Fri 19-Jan-18 20:37:36

Greetings and salutations!

darceybussell Fri 19-Jan-18 20:50:04

Evening everyone - what on earth happened?

Spongebobette Fri 19-Jan-18 20:55:52

Last thread turned into a pile on on one individual, an unfortunate woman who is a victim of MLMs and is at the very bottom of a pyramid

Let’s move on with our campaign against MLMs, but stay away from attacking individuals who have been lured in.

ReformedBot Fri 19-Jan-18 21:06:28

So, anyway....

WellThatsATurnipForTheBooks Fri 19-Jan-18 21:23:43

Blimey a deleted comment already!

Are these threads being closely scrutinised now or have you been a naughty MNer ReformedBot wink

acatcalledjohn Fri 19-Jan-18 21:27:43

I don't recall seeing anything 'off' in @ReformedBot's deleted post?

fitgirl26 Fri 19-Jan-18 21:32:56

Evening all! Let's be careful out there (Hill Street Blues for anyone not as ancient as me 😀)

ReformedBot Fri 19-Jan-18 21:37:50

Possibly considered a transferral of issues? @acatcalledjohn

I'd tried to generalise the original issues that caused friction. Or maybe we aren't allowed to use nicknames anymore?!

cozietoesie Fri 19-Jan-18 21:54:34

Thanks, BS. smile

BSintolerant Fri 19-Jan-18 22:01:01

It's my good deed for the century cozie. grin

acatcalledjohn Fri 19-Jan-18 22:02:03

Hill Street Blues. Now there's a blast from the past...

acatcalledjohn Fri 19-Jan-18 22:04:52

Perhaps it's the nicknames.

The Worcestershire Women award thing must be on again soonish, mustn't it?

ReformedBot Fri 19-Jan-18 22:14:57

Admin need to provide clarification

BSintolerant Fri 19-Jan-18 22:15:52

Those awards should only be open to women who run real businesses - not MLMs soaked in aloe juice or mushroom coffee.

Why is it that a number of bots don't name MLMs such as "Forever Living" on their so-called business cards or websites? Is that an edict from Head Office? Or does the reputation of network marketing precede it?

I certainly wouldn't want a network marketer mentoring me. What do they know about business coaching other than telling their cults,"It's a monkey-see-monkey-do business. Anyone can do it! You don't need to be educated."

Bugger that!

CurlsandCurves Fri 19-Jan-18 22:17:03

I wasn’t sure how we were going to move forward, but seems we have so that’s good.

The Hill Street Blues sentiment is a good one to follow...

fitgirl26 Fri 19-Jan-18 22:23:41

Crypto is a good one to focus on because Crypto MLMs are pure Ponzi and the top Bots (am I allowed to say Bots?) are well aware of that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: