Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Do mortgage overpayments show on an annual statement?

(9 Posts)
hejg283 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:03:22

We have a mortgage with the Nottingham and have been overpaying. They gave me the account details over the phone and said to set up a standing order.

We've just had our annual statement through and it's not showing any of the repayments so we're now starting to worry about where our money has been going...

Any help or advice would be great!

VacantExpression Sat 13-Jan-18 15:07:11

Ring the Nottingham and ask- they should show as payments, we make the odd overpayment and it always shows- not much of a statement if it doesn't show it. Hopefully its an admin error and easily sorted

phoenix1973 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:07:59

Yes they should show up. Telephone your lender asap.
Double check the details you used to set up the payments. (Account no, ref no, etc).

hejg283 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:00:48

We were told we needed to do any overpayment by a standing order and we got given the same account details each time and have the reference number right so I'm hoping it's just gone to another account within the Nottingham....

They aren't open again until Monday so it's a weekend of worrying!

Chewbecca Sat 13-Jan-18 16:04:19

Mine do
Do you have online banking with them? I can see all transactions on our mortgage via my online banking.

TalkinPeace Sat 13-Jan-18 20:22:53

Worry about what you can deal with.
No point worrying before Monday.

hejg283 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:43:41

The Nottingham don't do online banking sad

PocketCoffeeEspresso Sat 13-Jan-18 20:47:50

Yes, they should. When mine didn't it turned out they'd put a hold on them to verify where the money was coming from, but hadn't bothered to contact me about it! Once I verified, they back-dated the overpayment.

Give them a ring on Monday, and hopefully you can sort it out.

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 15-Jan-18 00:23:55

Mine don't (with another bank). Overpayments go into an account which is off-set against the mortgage, but not taken off the actual balance unless we request the money is moved over and into the actual mortgage account.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: