Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Need Help Please

(4 Posts)
TheGirlWhoLovedTomGordon Sat 13-Jan-18 07:27:22

I have recently separated from my husband.
We had/have one joint account which was used for everything. We each had/have a debit card with the account.
My STBXH now has his own account. His wages are paid into this, he pays his own rent and bills from it.
However, things are becoming nasty between us. As a result he has used his PayPal account, to pay two transactions totalling £100, but he hasn’t switched his PayPal info to his new account. He is saying it was a mistake, however on the same day he paypalled me £50 that he owed me, so it obviously works when he wants it to!
I am furious. He says he’s trying to get it refunded. I know this is bullshit. I now have £1 until Tuesday and 3 kids under 12. They are currently with him until Sunday evening as I am working all of this weekend. I just don’t know what to do. My bank cant help, PayPal can’t help. It’s not the first time he’s done it. I’ve begged him to change his details and he won’t. While he’s still on the account, he can do what he likes.
I’ve asked the bank how I can remove his name, they said we both need to go in and sit down. He keeps saying he’s too busy. I just feel at the end of my tether. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

CoffeeCupCake Sat 13-Jan-18 07:50:31

Sorry to hear you're going through a bad time.

Can you open a new account and transfer what you think is a fair proportion of the money from the joint account into that?

specialsubject Sat 13-Jan-18 12:35:29

Tell him you can't take the kids back as you have no money to collect them or feed them. Does he want them to know that dad is starving mum?

Samesituation Sun 14-Jan-18 22:48:47

Open your own separate account as soon as possible I did one online not long ago. Once you have new account details you can get your wages , child benefit transferred into asap. He won't be able to make PayPal payments from an account with no money in. And DO NOT give him new bank details if he needs to transfer money to you keep your name on your joint account for time being.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now