Advanced search

Please advice - re property

(4 Posts)
Dores Wed 10-Jan-18 15:08:18

Apologies for the morbid question - I am expecting my second child and just wondered what happens if I die for eg during childbirth.

I am married with one child already. Our flat is on my name only as I was the one who took the mortgage. I just wondered what happens to the property in case I die. It has around 80k equity in it and obviously I would want it to go to my husband and children.

Will this be automatic as he's my spouse despite the property being in my name only?
We don't have wills at the moment but I will be looking to make one before the new baby comes.

Many thanks in advance!

RedHelenB Fri 12-Jan-18 16:10:24

You'd die intestate so your shared home and first 300 000 I think would go to dh. If you put in intestacy rules into Google it will tell you the exact amounts.

DoubleAces Fri 12-Jan-18 23:51:06

Just get a will sorted. £200 for mirror wills. Marlow Wills

FluffyWuffy100 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:45:34

Get a will. They cost virtually nothing!

Also consider life insurance to pay off the mortgage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: