Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Claiming back ppi and bank charges where to start

(4 Posts)
Alfiemoon1 Thu 07-Dec-17 09:50:08

As the title says really I have had a package bank account with rbs now not used and never used any of the extras. I had an egg credit card numerous store cards not sure if they had ppi but probably did and not sure if there is a time limit if u can claim back from
Also got Mis sold a mortgage with ppi was told had to take out a certain product that was a lump sum added to the mortgage. The mortgage broker has ceased trading though so unsure how to proceed
Might not get anything back from any of it but it’s worth a go. So where do I start don’t really want to use a company who will take a cut

MiniCooperLover Thu 07-Dec-17 12:57:11

Definitely don't use a company! I basically wrote to each company that I believed I had an account with giving them my name (maiden name at the time), my address at the time and my reasons for believing I was missold (for me it was because I was in full time employment with insurance already so would never accept extra insurance). I didn't even have my account details, my name and address at the time was enough to start the ball rolling. Easy enough to find information online for each company as to where to write. But I'd do it soon, a deadline is coming up soon I believe.

Alfiemoon1 Fri 08-Dec-17 16:37:39

Thanks will get on to it

Rikalaily Fri 08-Dec-17 16:40:29

They have instructions on the MSE site, it's pretty easy to do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now