Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Worse off working 30 hours

(5 Posts)
confused84 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:41:35

I just landed a great new job I was getting basically most of my rent paid on 16 hours but now I'm doing £30 in left with £200 of my wages as I have to pay the full £600 rent I'm over £200 worse off am I entitled to any housing benefit ? I have three boys and am on my own I don't want to leave my job but I have to travel so I'm actually much worse off now when I factor that in :-( does anyone else get HB on this I do get some tax credits

Notreallyhappy Wed 06-Dec-17 21:05:56

Have you looked at entitledto website
It might help

IAmAShitHotLawyer Sat 09-Dec-17 09:52:15

Could you add just another 5 hours work a week? That would more or less cover your £200 shortfall.

cherryontopp Sat 09-Dec-17 22:28:39

I would go to citizens advice. They say now you should be always better off working more hours than benefits, i would definitely see about what they can do to reduce your bills

fuzzyduck1 Mon 11-Dec-17 08:37:13

If you pay into a work pension, does your employer contribute too ? Does your employer offer any other benefits or reductions . Can you increase your hours to full time .?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now