Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Car accudent on holiday

(3 Posts)
OhNoOhNo Sat 02-Dec-17 14:31:29

Hi, need some help please! We arrived on holiday in Canary Islands and had a car accident within 30 minutes of arriving.

A motorcycle crashed into us whilst we were stationary at a roundabout.

The police came and have filed a report.

What do we do now? We have to call the car rental agency and tell them about the accident.

Will we hwve to pay an excess?

19lottie82 Sat 02-Dec-17 17:17:51

what a crap way to start your holiday OP!

Unfortunately no one here can tell you for sure, although unless you took out extra insurance, then I would imagine so. Check your paperwork and it should tell you.

OhNoOhNo Sun 03-Dec-17 11:37:37

Thanks Lottie! Looks like we're going to have to pay the excess and get it refunded once the rental agency claim it from the motorcyclist's insurance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: