Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Making money around ft job

(8 Posts)
elland Mon 27-Nov-17 21:17:48

I’m really struggling to make ends meet at the moment and Christmas has definitely made me realise how nice it would be if I had a bit of spare money for extras/breathing space each month.

Does anyone do anything in their spare time that makes them an extra couple of hundred quid a month? I currently work ft Mon-Fri so I would be looking to fit it around that. (No MLM stuff please 😊)

JoJoSM2 Mon 27-Nov-17 21:24:55

I always used to have evening and weekend jobs in my 20’s. For example, restaurant work in the evening, weekend shifts in a shop, tuition, babysitting, running fitness classes and personal training etc.

19lottie82 Tue 28-Nov-17 23:06:01

Matched betting!

delilahbucket Mon 04-Dec-17 22:14:47

Mystery shopping? GBW are good. My sil made a reasonable amount from this. There's shop and scan which I have previously done for a bit of extra. They pay in vouchers but usually Amazon or similar.

MrsPatmore Tue 05-Dec-17 15:19:29

Care work at the weekends or evenings?

RestingGrinchFace Tue 05-Dec-17 15:23:06

I have heard of people selling worn underwear online wink
If that doesn't float your boat though is there a particular skill that you have? I've known people to make extra on the side making cakes, knitting jumpers, sewing clothes, doing wedding photography on the weekend etc.

NamedyChangedy Mon 11-Dec-17 16:37:24

What do you do for work? Can you use those skills outside your FT hours, on a freelance basis?

titchy Mon 11-Dec-17 16:55:54

Agree matched betting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now