Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is there anything I can do

(4 Posts)
BagpussDearBagpuss Wed 22-Nov-17 09:43:04

Hi I think I know the answer to this already but here goes.

I won something in a charity auction on Facebook (a legitimate charity, have won at their auction before) but never received the item.

Contacted them as it didn’t arrive and they said they sent a replacement but I have not received either. This being a charity I would normally just walk away but I paid over £40!

Unfortunately they asked me to pay by Family and Friends (or whatever it’s called) on PayPal so am I right to think that I can’t claim it back from my credit card company?

Thanks

19lottie82 Wed 22-Nov-17 16:32:20

As you paid by friends and family payment you can’t claim your money back unfortunately.

Have you tried phoning the charity to see what’s going on? If the item was sent out then they should have a reference number you you enter online to prove the item has been delivered. Royal Mail provide this for most standard services now.

BagpussDearBagpuss Wed 22-Nov-17 22:06:54

Thank you for replying. I asked them if they’d sent it by a traceable method after the first one didn’t turn up and they said no and, unbelievably, they sent the second one without it being tracked too! I paid £4 for p&p and the item isn’t heavy so I don’t understand why they didn’t send it signed for especially with the first one not turning up. I’m beginning to feel that they haven’t bothered sending me the item - it seems incredible bad luck for two separate parcels to not turn up hmm.

19lottie82 Wed 22-Nov-17 22:11:32

Ask them for a proof of postage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: