Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM Bot Watch 33 - Powered by Twunk's Yazoo: Tragicomic cultic wampum flogging scamalangadingdongs like Forever Living, Ariix, Herbalife, Younique, Juiceplus, LifeTreeWorld.

(1000 Posts)
DoratheExplorer17 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:58:23

New Thread!

cozietoesie Mon 13-Nov-17 18:11:15

Well done. smile

Rumplelipskin Mon 13-Nov-17 18:11:32

Great news!

Spongebobette Mon 13-Nov-17 18:34:14

Hurrah well done Dora

CurlsandCurves Mon 13-Nov-17 18:38:28

Hello!

Jonsey32 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:46:45

Just bookmarking!

rayofhope2 Mon 13-Nov-17 19:14:29

Can anyone remember what the very first thread was called? I fancy going back and reading it.

Bovneydazzlers Mon 13-Nov-17 20:51:06

A whole load of forever crap spouted in the current FLP magazine. Particularly page 49 onwards about ‘entrepreneurs’ spouting the old chestnut ‘Forever is my pension. I don’t have to worry about a state pension which may not exist by the time I retire.’
Find me ANYONE who has retired from FL.

s3.foreverliving.com/a1J0V00000JHvpKUAT%2F1508940179827FOREVER+LIFE+Issue+1.pdf

Spongebobette Mon 13-Nov-17 21:17:03

All very glossy

But shite

Spongebobette Mon 13-Nov-17 21:28:17

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/2437667-MLM-bot-watch-FL-Juice-Plus-Younique-etc

This isn’t an early one but not the first I don’t think Ray

CheekySmile Mon 13-Nov-17 21:51:32

That's the earliest one I could find too Sponge but there were definitely earlier ones

CheekySmile Mon 13-Nov-17 21:53:02

Actually I think this was the very first one I posted on m, before if all got moved to Money Matters...
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/2394271-Ive-been-sucked-into-forever-living-Why-do-I-feel-like-the-bad-guy?pg=1&order=

CheekySmile Mon 13-Nov-17 21:54:36

Actually it did get moved! I think this was the very first one that spawned the rest leading here!

CheekySmile Mon 13-Nov-17 21:55:45

Yep at the end it links to thread 2! This is definitely number 1 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/2394271-Ive-been-sucked-into-forever-living-Why-do-I-feel-like-the-bad-guy?pg=1&order=

Botwatcher84 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:58:41

That forever mag is funny. All the entrepreneurs have or had successful businesses before doing forever on the side. One even mentions his multi million dollar property portfolio.

GoldenKelpie Tue 14-Nov-17 07:09:32

Thanks, Dora!

Yes, Sponge that looks familiar. My name at the time was StopFaffing grin. Who knew it would develop into the behemoth it is today with various spin-off web pages. Wonderful!

Cheeky , ooh that might be it! The link to the second thread features our Eyespying quite early on confused those were the days, indeed. Miss Eye sad.

GoldenKelpie Tue 14-Nov-17 07:14:28

Just scanning through the FL magazine (thanks for posting link, Bovney and see the use of the word global. I have come to hate this word massively. Cannot bear it. Really. angry It just seems to be used by scamming MLMs left, right and centre. Anyone else feel the same?

Or, are there other oft used MLM words/phrases you have come to hate?

Annie65 Tue 14-Nov-17 07:34:48

Golden, my pet hate is "haters", they seem to use this word whenever anybody questions them. Happy new thread everyone btw.wink

CurlsandCurves Tue 14-Nov-17 08:08:17

Ooh Golden good question!

I can’t stand ‘take action’ . Used to hear it all the time at events. ‘I’d just been made redundant, was down to my last fiver and then I remembered I had my Forever business that I’d just been dabbling in until now. So I took action, got serious and hey presto 6 months later I own my home outright and am looking at properties in the south of France!’

They never, ever elaborate on what ‘taking action’ actually is.

SSDGM Tue 14-Nov-17 08:08:49

New Valentus compliant packaging has hit the UK. No longer “slimroast”, it’s called “Italian Roast”. Has anyone seen the packaging?

Spongebobette Tue 14-Nov-17 08:17:03

‘Smashing a promotion’ has to be up there with the worst

fitgirl26 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:12:01

“Working my business” makes my teeth itch.

Toobusytowee Tue 14-Nov-17 09:45:51

At the moment the word that annoys me is 'legal'. If you have to insist your 'business opportunity' is legal, that has to be a red flag surely? And shows that what you were in previously wasn't legal. And they don't even know what needs to be done to make it legal. They don't even know what the definition of a pyramid scheme is, so I'm not going to accept their interpretation of whether their scheme is legal.

Also, I get really annoyed when they say they are not making health claims, right after saying the product has cured something. What do they think a health claim is?

GriefLeavesItsMark Tue 14-Nov-17 10:23:03

Wtf would someone with a multimillion £ business piss around trying to recruit people to sell overpriced toiletries.

Also liking the, I assume couple, who have a strong of failed businesses behind them. And why do so many bots proudly announce that looking a numbers make their heads hurt. Yes, hi, I am financially incompetent and functional innumerable, why don't you join my busi.

Spongebobette Tue 14-Nov-17 11:29:04

Yeah the health claims thing is so annoying

They used to be more brazen about it but presumably after being told they couldn’t make health claims by head office, there are posts like ‘anyone of my FB friends suffer from Fibromyalgia?’

This thread is not accepting new messages.