Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I need help

(26 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:35:23

I fell behind on my rent when I got really sick I walk with two crutches now and have a teenage daughter who is self harming I've got to find 1100 pound by next week or I'm out I don't know what to do I'm ill and scared a move might be too much for my kid

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:39:49

Does anyone know what I can do please I'm losing control here feel like I'm depending

Ttbb Mon 13-Nov-17 10:42:29

Just move somewhere that you can afford.

Bumbumtaloo Mon 13-Nov-17 10:44:05

Depending on why you fell behind you may be able to apply for a discretionary housing payment from your local authority.

Ilovelampandchair Mon 13-Nov-17 10:48:24

Ttbb, really? By next week? You must assume she's a troll to post something so careless.

OP, I'm not sure we can advise without a lot more details. Are you 1 month behind and that cost is £1100? Are you a private renter? What have you already negotiated with landlord? What are you incomings and outgoings? Do you have any money at all or is it all earmarked for other bills? Etc etc.

Just to state clearly, nobody here will send you money but people will help advise you on your choices if you give enough information.

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:50:52

I dontvexpect people to send me money I'm six months behind and I'm not careless I have cancer and I struggled to deal with things

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:53:19

I've had three deaths the past 6 months my eldest daughter couldn't cope so started self harming and I was trying to get my treatment done without worrying my kids yes I've been stupid but my only defence is my state of my mind was all over the place

Penfold007 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:55:44

OP are you being supported by Macmillan or similar? If so speak to them, they can offer you advice and support.

Ilovelampandchair Mon 13-Nov-17 10:57:25

Sorry to hear that OP.

Give some more details about the £1100 demand (is this all you owe?) and your wider financial situation (what incomings and outgoings do u have) etc. And maybe people can make some suggestions.

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:57:43

Thank you I didn't take help from Macmillan I thought I was strong enough to go it alone but I just made a big old mess of things but thank you for being nice to me

OldWitch00 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:58:05

Cancer patients often have social workers available to them, can you ask one of your care providers for support options?

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:59:19

1100 is what I owe apart from few pence on the end I have three kids and I'm on esa now lost my job to I'll health

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:59:47

I will do that

Want2bSupermum Mon 13-Nov-17 11:00:42

Are you getting the right amount of HB? I'd imagine all of your rent should be paid for.

Def speak to your LL and your council after speaking with CAB and shelter.

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:02:20

Benefit cap means all my rent isn't paid thank you I will speak to them

Bumbumtaloo Mon 13-Nov-17 11:03:13

If you receive housing benefit you can apply for a discretionary housing payment (as I linked above). Have they been to court or is the next step? Hopefully you can speak to someone that can help. Good luck.

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:05:17

It's been to court got to be put by 21st of November

Bumbumtaloo Mon 13-Nov-17 11:05:22

Sorry x posted. Do you get the support component of ESA or PIP? If you do the benefit cap shouldn’t effect you.

Want2bSupermum Mon 13-Nov-17 11:05:50

Not always true. The benefit cap doesn't apply if you are sick. It also doesn't apply if you work more than 16 hours a week.

Please check your benefits and get help filing out the forms for sickness disability. Macillian is probably the best group to help you but call shelter and CAB too.

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:06:00

Rang my housing office to ask to postpone it for three weeks so I can pay it up but she said no

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:06:58

Still waiting to hear from pip and still on lower end just now

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:09:57

Discretionary housing fund said it can't be used for areas

Unlucky2904 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:10:17

Arrears even

SophieLMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Nov-17 15:04:17

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP - we're so sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time of it and hope that things improve for you very soon. flowers

While we're not casting any aspersions here, we just wanted to remind folk that we're not able to vouch for anyone that posts on the site - and unfortunately, not everyone is who they say they are on the internet. It's always best not to give more to another poster, either financially (in cash or gifts) or emotionally (in time or care and support) than they'd be prepared to lose if things went wrong.

Thanks, all.

NoSquirrels Mon 13-Nov-17 15:07:21

Please get in touch with Shelter, and with Macmillan. There will be someone who can help you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: