Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(14 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

essexlady73 Fri 10-Nov-17 19:42:55

hi new here ,l am in so much debt l owe money to so many people ,l have mental health problems l have 2 children age 6 and 11,my ex has never payed a penny to me for the children and never sees them ,
I can not work as of my health ,I just don,t know what to do ,who to ask for help ,I cry so much ,life is so bad just want to end my life but sol love my children so much ,please sum one help me

dontcallmethatyoucunt Fri 10-Nov-17 19:58:12

Contact you citizens advice and your GP.

ToothTrauma Fri 10-Nov-17 20:00:47

Go to the MoneySavingExpert site and post on the Debt-Free Wannabe forum there. They will give you some great advice.

SavageCabbage Fri 10-Nov-17 20:07:27

Well, you’ve taken a step by writing your message on here.

When I found myself in a bad, seemingly insurmountable situation, I got out of it just one step at a time.

clownfaces Fri 10-Nov-17 20:11:34

Can you list out your debt and how much you have coming in?

BelafonteRavenclaw Fri 10-Nov-17 20:11:53

DH is in the middle of the exact situation right now. He recently contacted an organisation called step change who have been very helpful. They’ve given him lots of practical advice and have organised agreements with those he owes to sort out a manageable plan to help.

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 20:57:05

Evening folks and thanks for the reports about this thread. We're awed daily by the astonishing support that our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns – but we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster (emotionally or financially) than they can afford to spare.


19lottie82 Fri 10-Nov-17 22:31:47

Another vote for the debt free wannabe page on the money saving expert forum.

BIWI Fri 10-Nov-17 22:44:26

I'm sorry, MNHQ, but please - why don't you delete these threads, rather than just posting your warning notices?

dantdmistedious Fri 10-Nov-17 22:55:11

Talk to stepchange.

SingaSong12 Fri 10-Nov-17 23:05:51

For the debt contact Step Change or citizens advice. Plesse try to see your GP about your mental health being bad. If you are suicidal now or before any GP appointment please try contacting a friend or relative or the Samaritans.

FlappyRose Fri 10-Nov-17 23:11:07

Stepchange are open at 9am tomorrow, but you can get help online at now.

RedHelenB Sat 11-Nov-17 06:23:40

Could you not think about working even part time because it may well help you feel better in yourself and you d have more money.

haveacupoftea Sat 11-Nov-17 11:55:14

Get a debt relief order!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: