Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Credit card statements for mortgage application

(3 Posts)
triin27 Thu 09-Nov-17 23:11:37

I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage and my lender asked to see my latest credit card statement. However couple of weeks ago I lent my credit card to my mum, she went abroad and didn't want to put her hotel on her debit card, I stupidly offered her to use mine. She paid the money back to me but it shows up on my latest credit card statement. Should I tell the bank that I lent my card to somebody else (surely that in itself would warrant a refusal!), or have them think I went on holiday weeks before applying for a mortgage (equally reckless?!). I'm a first time buyer and so worried the bank will refuse my application based on something really silly...

DueNov Thu 09-Nov-17 23:13:14

If you borrowed and then paid it off then it'll be fine. It's only if you currently have anything outstanding on it that they take it into account

ftw Thu 09-Nov-17 23:13:40

They only want to see you manage your accounts reasonably and don’t have huge debts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: