Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MN Matched Betting society - all the profit, none of the gubbings!

(601 Posts)
MissFitton Thu 09-Nov-17 18:57:50

Previous thread here

All welcome. Matched Betters old and new for oddsmatching chat, top tips and tales of ballsed up qualifying bets....grin

HeyRoly Thu 09-Nov-17 19:07:02

Place marking grin

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Thu 09-Nov-17 19:08:28

Can I join? I’ve been meaning to try this for ages but have no idea where to start?

Alittlepotofrosie Thu 09-Nov-17 19:11:20

Im still following along although I'm taking a break right now smile

debbs77 Thu 09-Nov-17 19:12:01

Does this genuinely make money? I started it but got over excited and skipped steps then gave up

mamahanji Thu 09-Nov-17 19:15:09

*Debbs
I’m 2 weeks in and have made £72 Profit from following Team Profit £25-£1000 guide.

debbs77 Thu 09-Nov-17 19:16:30

Ooh okay! Will take a look, thank you!

mamahanji Thu 09-Nov-17 19:19:19

Use their calculator and their spreadsheet and watch every single video they tell you to, and literally just follow their guides that write it all out for you and it is fine!

Caulk Thu 09-Nov-17 19:20:23

Placemarking. I’ve made about £400 over the last month

debbs77 Thu 09-Nov-17 19:35:01

What happens when you reach the £1000 Mark? Can you carry on?

MissOrganisedMe Thu 09-Nov-17 19:38:37

I would love to try this. Have no clue though so I'll follow for all your advice!

noodleaddict Thu 09-Nov-17 19:51:27

Placemarking grin about £130 up here after 2 weeks, haven't been doing it every day

MissFitton Thu 09-Nov-17 19:59:29

I've been doing this very part time since April. I'm currently £1600 up and I've only done about a third of the welcome offers. If you read the forums on Profit Accumulator there's some chat that the offers are drying up and it's not as good as it used to be. However that could be like the occasional "what's gone wrong with MN?" posts you get on here!

Shnazzyshot Thu 09-Nov-17 20:05:20

Thanks for the new thread! I started 6 days ago and I've made £52 so far. That's including the 2-3 days I've been waiting for my winnings to be withdrawn into my account so that I can put them into the exchange to use again. I've only signed up to 3 bookies so far so I'm pleased with my progress smile

I started reading up on it for quite a while before I gave it ago as I wanted to completely understand it first.

DottyDotAgain Thu 09-Nov-17 20:47:31

Here! grin

titchy Thu 09-Nov-17 20:51:13

Here miss!

DottyDotAgain Thu 09-Nov-17 20:56:20

I’m still stressing that it’s not working - even though technically I’ve made over £100 in 8 days - it’s scary having to place trigger bets and ‘lose’ on those. I’m still not convinced the free bets are actually going to work - even though they always have so far!

I wish I had enough in Betfair to be able to withdraw funds so it feels like I’m making money - but I want to keep as much in Betfair as possible to make the most of the free bets..!

So while I technically know I’m winning, at the moment 8 days in, it’s still a bit scary..!

noodleaddict Thu 09-Nov-17 21:14:29

Can anyone give some advice about making mug bets? How often do you need to do them? Do you lay the bets too so you don't lose too much? Also, which bookies do the best offers and therefore you should look after your account more carefully?

Alittlepotofrosie Thu 09-Nov-17 21:30:32

Noodle place a mug bet the same way you do a qualifying bet, always lay it at the exchange so you're only losing a few pence. If you don't lay it then technically you're gambling! I found coral and william hill were good for reload offers. Ladbrokes werent bad either. I was putting one or two on a week and i picked a couple of premier league football team and just noted down which one i "supported" with each bookie so i could always put my mugs on their matches. Or i just bet on English horse races. I usually put on £10-15 for a mug so that i was consistent when i was placing a bet for a free offer.

But i think i did get gubbed by WH so maybe don't listen to me grin i was just trying to imagine what i would do if i was betting for real.

Shnazzyshot Thu 09-Nov-17 22:00:06

I know exactly what you mean dotty! I'm always terrified the qualifying bets aren't going to work even though they have so far.

Does anyone know if betfred are quick with processing withdrawal? I requested one yesterday but still haven't heard from them. I have £120 that I need from them. I've got 3x £5 free bets but I can't even do them as I've not got any money in the exchange. They run out in 3 days so I don't want to waste them.

Shnazzyshot Fri 10-Nov-17 16:55:54

Can anyone help me please? I've ended up making £47.32 profit from a horse race but it should have been £7.

2 x£5 (free) bets placed on a horse at odds of 6

Lay
Stake of 7.41 at odds of 6.76
Liability 42.68

Back bet won and I received £90. I've read it and reread it and I just can't work it out.

titchy Fri 10-Nov-17 17:15:53

Was it with a bookie that guarantees to match the starting price with other bookies and the starting price has drifted up to 9.0 since you backed at 6.0?

Shnazzyshot Fri 10-Nov-17 17:22:21

I have no idea. It was with will hill? It says horse name @ guaranteed price (6.00)

Shnazzyshot Fri 10-Nov-17 17:24:05

It's quite annoying in a way as every bet I've ever done with them has won and I don't want them to gub me. They've offered me a free £20 bet if I bet £20 and I don't know if I should take it as I've had over £200 out of them.

noodleaddict Fri 10-Nov-17 18:46:17

Schnazzy maybe lay a few mug bets with them and hope you lose some? I'm far from expert though so hopefully others will have more advice!

Different question, are all the bet clubs with free weekly bets worth joining?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: