Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Claiming jobseekers?

(3 Posts)
Ollivander84 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:51:46

Just wondering if I can claim anything. I was dismissed from my job yesterday after 10 years there. I have some pay, 9 weeks I'm getting and annual leave
No children, no savings. Am I likely to be able to claim say job seekers? It's with the pay coming from the job I'm worrying. Not sure if entitled to anything else

LemonSqueezy0 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:02:33

Go online and put a claim in. You might be turned down but a claim isn't backdated so in that sense, you have nothing to lose by trying to claim. They will want to know details of why your last job ended, and usually if it was ended due to 'your own doing' , your claim might be delayed for a number of weeks.

abbsisspartacus Sat 04-Nov-17 01:05:40

You can claim contribution based JSA for up to 26 weeks even if your sacked as it's your ni contribution that pays it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now