Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Car finance and bad credit

(4 Posts)
Happiness2017 Thu 02-Nov-17 13:20:39

Hi everyone,

Can anyone advise if they have managed to finance a car with bad credit?
Currently rebuilding my credit rating after being incredibly stupid when I was younger.
I'm looking to purchase a car after starting a new job its required (don't own one, never had finance before).
I don't want to pay a ridiculous monthly amount, or want anything to flash but want something reliable.
Has anyone been in this position with answers, or just some advice in general?

MinorRSole Thu 02-Nov-17 13:48:57

I have previously used a company called lease2buy. They are in Glasgow but delivered my vehicle for £99.

I was sceptical but was a carer for my son at the time so choices were limited to companies that considered benefits. (Husband had shocking credit when we married so no chance of him getting anything!)

They checked my bank statements and I had to have a call to run through income and expenditure but it was all pretty straightforward and about 10 days from application to car being delivered

You do pay more though. For customer service I would use them again, but I can get better rates now so that’s the only reason I haven’t.

wifeyhun Thu 02-Nov-17 19:28:45

We have had two hire purchases from Advantage finance now.

They have always been very good and were extremely quick and helpful when our last car got written off.

You can get your loan approved first and most dealers will accept them.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 08-Nov-17 10:01:08

We had ours with Moneyway. DH is not even on the electrol roll. We're paying nearly double the sale price of the car though. £148pm for a Citreon C3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now