Check whether you have right to withdraw if it’s their premises rather than your home. I think the regs are different, unfortunately. If they’ve cancelled the finance, you won’t have to pay £9k. You could get a bank loan for 6k and it would cost you less. But if you don’t want the car at all, I think you’ll have to appeal to their better nature and hope they don’t hold you to it.
They've told the finance company I don't want the finance which I'm within my rights to do, that's the 2 wk right to withdrawal But I now owe Renault not the finance company. So I still have to buy it I don't want it now so I don't want to pay. It's £7k not 6 my mistake. I guess I didn't realise I could just change my mind, expensive mistake x
I also think the cooling off period only applies to things bought in your own home. Wrong of the salesman to say that if it isn't true. Complain to regulating people if you don't get your money back, if there are any?
I know legally you might 'have' to, but we had a similar situation with Ford and just refused delivery. It was brand new and they kept insisting it was registered to us already, but they took so long to deliver that we had to buy a different one. I can only assume they manage to sell it to someone else, because I can't see how else we got away with it. But even if you know that ultimately, it's on you, it might be worth holding out a little longer?
No it was supposed to come in Wednesday, it needed some work and collection was Monday They called me Friday to say it's not coming in until Tuesday now and won't be ready til the end of the week so it gave me the weekend to have my doubts. Called up on Sunday and they told me I can't not buy the car x