Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(3 Posts)
paul20 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:58:08

I am being made redundant in November, I am getting the government redundancy package for 12 years service which is around £8000.
my question is
I currently pay my ex £75 a week for 1 child, when I am redundant what do I pay my ex.
I don't want my child to go without but I want a fair solution to this.
we have a private arrangement and don't use the csa on what i pay.
I am currently looking for another job, and will come to a new arrangement based on my earnings when i find another job.
does anyone know the rules, or what i should do in this situation.

RavingRoo Mon 30-Oct-17 11:08:45

The right thing to do would be to continue paying 75/week from your redundancy pot, or failing that arrange them to live with you for half the week. Plenty of divorced men and women have become redundant in my family without letting it impact the money / quality of care they give to their kids.

eyebrowsonfleek Mon 30-Oct-17 11:31:41

I’d keep up the £75 payment until you’ve sorted your next job and see how much is left.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: