Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What is the cheapest way for people to pay you if you're a very small business

(7 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Fri 27-Oct-17 12:03:06

I’m looking for an app I think? Or a barcode on my phone they can tap. I’m not keen on PayPal and I’m a bit behind the times with stuff

I’d really like a card machine - any idea of the costs of it?

BabyOrSanta Fri 27-Oct-17 12:04:57

What's your estimated turnover?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Fri 27-Oct-17 12:05:58

Have a look at the izettle: www.izettle.com/gb

moggle Fri 27-Oct-17 13:51:05

I'd echo izettle, had good experiences with it including dealings with their customer service line. (I sold at craft fairs etc). There are a few other options to investigate. All supply little card machines that connect via your phone usually via bluetooth:
Sumup; Square; Payleven; Paypal Here (pays into your paypal so maybe not this one if you aren't keen, and seems to have higher fees)
I think they all do chip and pin now and you can email receipts.

izettle seems to be about £30 for the card reader and then transactions are charged at 1.7% each. Sumup looks similar. Total bargain IMO. Obviously you need a data connection but I've never had an issue with this; if you live in the depths of nowhere you may though....

Ta1kinPeece Sat 28-Oct-17 21:35:14

depends what you are selling, who to and on what occasions

Mosaic123 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:11:02

My hairdresser who works from home has one of those. It seems to work well.

Giraffesarequitetall Sun 29-Oct-17 21:14:26

I have clients that use izettle and it is cheaper than a paypal machine (1.75% compared to 2.75% for paypal from memory).

It works well for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now