Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage approved

(8 Posts)
helphelp777 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:04:51

hi mortgage has been approved, all ready
However, our solicitors are now asking for 160 pounds to complete our gift forms working alongside our lender.? even though they have all been approved by our lender?

Has anyone gone through this?

Thiswayorthatway Fri 27-Oct-17 15:20:29

What do you mean by gift forms?

CotswoldStrife Fri 27-Oct-17 15:22:04

If you mean the conveyancers have asked for their fees for work/forms they have completed, I think that's fair. Is this to do with a gifted deposit?

MamaOfTwos Fri 27-Oct-17 15:23:30

If it's a form to prove a gifted deposit then I think you need to just take the hit and accept it as

helphelp777 Fri 27-Oct-17 15:43:21

we made a mistake,

first gift was to cover our wedding over a year ago. the 2nd was put into our account a month or two ago.

Us being naive, or too cautious, we added them both as gifts. thinking they will check our accounts for hwoever long to prove we werent just getting the money in before it was needed.

Not sure how/why they would need to charge us 150+VAt extra on top once its all been approved and offer acepted by the lender/bank?

Desmondo2016 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:14:57

I'm not sure what your question is tbh. We just had to get a letter from the gifters confirming the money was a gift.

helphelp777 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:18:54

We gave the gift forms to ur lender. Mortgage approved
Now our solicitor is saying they need proof of deposit 4weeks after doing a money laundering form, and want to charge us 150+vat for doing it for us

Does this sound right to you guys?

Rahini Wed 17-Jan-18 19:33:21

Hello,

Our offer on a property has been accepted and of the £47k deposit that we plan to put in, £22k was gifted to me by my father from abroad in December 2017. Subsequently, he gifted me another £3300 and & mother gifted me £3500 in Jan 2018. The money is in my UK account I have already got a letter confirming it’s a gift and not a loan and that they have no interest in the property. I am sure the solicitor will want to find out about the source of gifted deposit. So will it be sufficient for my parents to provide their bank statements for the last 6 months? Or will they want to also know the source of my parent’s money? We are applying mortgage via Halifax bank and they haven’t raised any query yet. I just wanted to know what documents and proof would a solicitor require from my parents to be satisfied about source of funds?

Thanking in advance for a quick response!
Cheers!
Rahini

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now