Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does an increase in a child's level of dla count as a change in circumstances?

(9 Posts)
dataandspot Thu 26-Oct-17 10:01:19

Will it trigger a move from tax credits to UC?

milkchocolatx5 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:12:56

let them know. there is a 'disability element' for those on middle rate care but a 'severe disability element' for those on high rate care.

depending on the change, your TC will go up or down.

dataandspot Thu 26-Oct-17 20:26:18

Yes but will it mean I am moved to UC?

rebail Thu 26-Oct-17 23:20:29

No, it won't smile

dataandspot Fri 27-Oct-17 16:20:26

Thankyou retail.

Can I also ask if I got a job under 16 hours would it cause a move to UC?

dataandspot Fri 27-Oct-17 16:21:07

Rebail!! Sorry!

MyDcAreMarvel Sun 29-Oct-17 00:01:49

How many dc do you have and are you in a live or full UC area?

rebail Tue 31-Oct-17 20:04:45

Even if you live in a full service UC area (you can check on then as long as you get CTC already then you will be able to expand your CTC to include WTC.

If you needed to make a totally new claim for something (e.g. income support after stopping work) then you would need to claim UC if you had 2 children or less.

oneplus2is3 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:56:29

I know this is late but AFAIK DLA for a child is their income not yours and as such shouldn’t affect your benefits. The money belongs to child, they just need an account to pay it into.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: