Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

online software or app for budgeting / family accounting?

(15 Posts)
smilesandsun Sat 21-Oct-17 17:39:59

Hi

Do es anyone use something like this to:
1. keep track of finances
2. to help plan for savings for the year (goals etc)

smilesandsun Sun 22-Oct-17 15:01:01

LadyRochelleX Sun 22-Oct-17 16:44:29

Check out the app store / play store - you can get lots by going into the finance section

Ta1kinPeece Sun 22-Oct-17 16:45:50

YouNeedaBudget works for a lot of people

Cakescakescakes Sun 22-Oct-17 17:29:51

I use the Good Budget app in combination with a detailed budget I made using the budget tool on Momey Saving Expert website.

smilesandsun Mon 23-Oct-17 09:38:44

ok I'll check those out

Gammeldragz Thu 26-Oct-17 12:23:41

I've just started using YNAB, loving it so far. We have an erratic income and weird payment timings, plus some income in cash (accounted for) so none of my other many efforts with paper, excel or apps have ever worked. YouNeedABudget works differently and I can see how it will work with our situation. You only plan using the money you currently have, which means at the moment I can only plan until the next money comes in. After a few months I'll be able to see better the overall picture but even currently I can see that I can afford to take the kids out today as I have allocated my current money to all the important bills and expenses that are due before we next get money and I can see that I've set aside some for days out.
I can't predict the future with it, but I can't do that anyway with a variable income.

Girlintheframe Fri 27-Oct-17 06:09:19

We also use YNAB. Have been using it for a couple of years. I love it and it's made budgeting for a big household much more manageable.

smilesandsun Mon 30-Oct-17 09:23:45

thanks
Im having at look at the new suggested

LillyLollyLandy Tue 31-Oct-17 14:48:10

YNAB is ace, helps you manage your money and also plan for the future.

Untiedlaces Wed 01-Nov-17 23:32:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Kuriusoranj Wed 01-Nov-17 23:41:45

Another vote for YNAB, it has literally changed my life. I've gone from fearing the bank and feeling such embarrassment and guilt, to absolutely loving looking at my finances.

Lunenburg Thu 02-Nov-17 09:21:29

Bumping, because I really need a package to replace my now defunct 'Money'

I just cant make YNAB work for me and would love to know what everyone else out there uses to manage their finances.

LillyLollyLandy Thu 02-Nov-17 21:35:08

What is it about YNAB that you don’t like? That will help with recommendations.

OrangeSunset Sun 05-Nov-17 21:00:26

We use YNAB, although the new app is quite annoying compare to the previous version.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now