Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

VW emissions scandal

(2 Posts)
vilamoura2003 Wed 18-Oct-17 13:18:20

Has anyone else signed up to the group action claim against VW?

There are apparently two law firms working together who are starting a group action claim, on a no win no fee basis. I still have my car and it has had the “patch fix” done. I did try and sell it about a year ago and a couple of garages said they wouldn’t take it in part exchange because they were struggling to sell them, or they would only offer me a really low figure. I therefore feel like I have lost out financially as when I bought it I paid more for it because it was a Bluemotion VW 🤔

Curious to see whether anyone else has signed up. They are claiming they have about 20,000 people signed up 😱 In America apparently claimants received $8,000 😱 however in the uk apparently if we do, we won’t get anywhere near that much 🤔

Ilovetolurk Wed 18-Oct-17 21:18:32

Yes we have signed up to the harcus sinclair claim

Progress is slow though but we figure the risk is minimal

I am planning on keeping my car for as long as possible so the resale price is not too much of a problem but it must be really galling for you

Here's hoping for some compensation eventually

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: