Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Unexpected DWP payment. HELP.

(11 Posts)
user1497643032 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:07:45

I am currently going through some tough times financially. Things are extremely tight & I am in DEEP DEEP debt. All of a sudden I got over £500 payment from dwp today. I am currently changing from DLA to PIP & went for face to face assessment about 2 weeks ago. I was happy to have this money in my account & I used it to sort some immediate problems. I then called PIP to check on my application/ check the payments rates etc only for me to be told they haven't processed my application & no decision made yet. I was shocked & I don't understand what is going on. The payment showed my NI number, DWP PIP. That is-
AO******DWP PIP. Is that not a PIP payment? If. Yes, why are they telling me no decision made on my pip yet & then paid money into my account. I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED any ideas re what is is going on?

Babyroobs Mon 16-Oct-17 19:16:44

I would ring again. It sounds like someone could have made a mistake. Often the money appears in your account before you receive the paperwork stating you have been awarded it.

mumonashoestring Mon 16-Oct-17 19:20:05

Definitely ring again - there are so many database systems where one bit updates quickly and another bit only updates twice a week or something.

SloanePeterson Mon 16-Oct-17 19:21:59

When ds was awarded DLA last year we had a payment a few days before the letter came to confirm it. I'd say it's definitely meant for you so don't panic x

user1497643032 Tue 17-Oct-17 06:06:52

Ok thanks all. My DLA stopped in April so no payment in May until I received the payment of £546.86 that seems to be PIP payment yesterday the 16th of October.
Can anyone tell me the rates I am likely to be on. I use to get the lowest rate of mobility and care rate on DLA.

confused1233 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:14:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

confused1233 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:15:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Babyroobs Tue 17-Oct-17 19:33:46

Yes £22 a week for low rate mobility.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Tue 17-Oct-17 19:37:05

Seems very strange. We're you not getting payments whilst you were waiting? You should when changing over from DLA to PIP until your decision for PIP is made.

Something is not quite right.

It could be that they have 'forgotten' to pay you and it's that money.

You need to contact them.

Becca19962014 Wed 18-Oct-17 01:48:47

It can also take ten days for the form to go from Wolverhampton to the relevant office for DLA to pip transfer, if it gets to the office outside the time allocated then you won't get paid in the interim.

Mine was stopped after they claimed my two week extension given over the phone via appointee and MP was (after the date ordinary due back) later declined so my money stopped before the date they had said categorically it was due back - rung three times as I wanted it in writing and they refused, I was promised it wouldn't be necessary anyway as I have mental illness and could return when able. They got angry with appointee for phoning more than once to clarify.

My appointee said it was tough I'd been refused and that was that so no money until a decision given - it also meant I lost my disability premiums and other money and services linked to my DLA.

My MP themselves literally rang every day for over two weeks before they got it reinstated, they were, I know, livid about being lied to. I didn't get paid the money they owe me (yes it was only a couple of weeks but it really screwed things up for me) and the MP is still fighting this as they were told the extension was definitely accepted.

Becca19962014 Wed 18-Oct-17 01:49:29

Ordinary = originally

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now