Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Massive ISA mistake

(7 Posts)
frenchcheeses Sun 15-Oct-17 21:30:11

I was in my online banking and was about to transfer from one account to another, and I've gone and transferred the WHOLE of my Help To Buy ISA to my current account. I was on autopilot. Can't believe I've done it. Is there any way I can transfer it back without it rejecting? I'm such an idiot. I even saw the warning about taking money out and not being able to replace it beyond £200 per month and ignored it without thinking. Anyone work in banking who can advise? I will of course be calling the bank in the morning.

whiteroseredrose Sun 15-Oct-17 21:37:20

How much is in it?

whiteroseredrose Sun 15-Oct-17 21:39:52

Sorry posted too soon. It's a bit tricky with ISAs but your bank may be able to reverse it. Alternatively there's a Lifetime ISA that can also be used for a house purchase that you can put £4000 in.

pingu73 Sun 15-Oct-17 21:51:16

Sorry it doubt very much they will reverse it...I work for a bank and the max after initial deposit is £200p/m

chocolatespiders Sun 15-Oct-17 21:57:59

Didn't know you can't put more than £200 in a month. Dd borrowed £500 from me for her car insurance and was hoping to pay it back in in a lump sum.
Is lifetime ISA only for under 40's?

whiteroseredrose Sun 15-Oct-17 22:33:15

Yes. Can only open a lifetime ISA 18-39. Can pay in till 50. Max £4000 per year. Govt adds 25%.

hiyasminitsme Mon 16-Oct-17 07:53:35

Very unlikely - that's what the warning is for. But worth a phone call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now