Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Leftover currency coins

(5 Posts)
teabag20048 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:46:45

Anyone know what to do with leftover currency. I have Swedish + American coins not sure if they are still current and if I could get pounds sterling back for them somehow?

MickeyLuv Mon 09-Oct-17 14:50:35

I don't think there is anything you can do with them other than give them to charity or to someone you know who is going to the same country. Banks and currency exchange places won't usually take coins, only notes.

You could try somewhere like this: www.leftovercurrency.com/ but I don't know how much they charge or whether it wold be worth it.

Pebbles1989 Mon 09-Oct-17 19:35:11

I'm about to use Cash4Coins. Can't vouch for it yet but it looks like it would fit the bill.

EscapingAdultLife Mon 09-Oct-17 19:35:54

Thomas cook accept them. They sponsor a hospital ward in London and use the change to fund it.

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Mon 09-Oct-17 20:39:05

Google fourex.com.
They take foreign coins in many currencies, inc. several pre Euro currencies. Also take notes the banks won't, e.g. US $1. They have machines in various locations, though the one Dh saw recently, at a London tube station, was out of order.

You can find all the currencies they take and rates paid on the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now