Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Need help with transaction I didn’t do!

(6 Posts)
Yummum19 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:06:39

I’ve checked my online banking this morning and two considerable amounts of money has come out of my bank yesterday and today, reference ‘o2 online order’

I’m not even on o2 so rung the fraud team. They’re saying it has been done on my iPhone, so if I’m not on o2 what else could it be?

I’m really trying to rack my brain as to anything I’ve bought but I know I haven’t used my phone to purchase anything over the last couple of days, nor have I got a confirmation email of purchase for anything. Is there anything I could be missing?

Ifailed Mon 09-Oct-17 09:07:49

Report it to your bank, and ask it to block any further transactions from your iphone.

yummycake123 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:12:35

Did the bank block your card? What do they mean “done on your phone”? (Paid for using your phone?)

Could it concert tickets (O2 venues rather that O2 the network)?...

Yummum19 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:13:39

Sorry I should have made it clearer, I rang the fraud team at my bank and they said they wouldn’t raise it as fraud as it was done by my iPhone (same IP address) but I haven’t made any online transactions so I can’t understand it

Samesituation Tue 10-Oct-17 22:01:37

Any one else had access to your phone? Partner used yours to buy something? How many times have you seen in press kids playing games on phones and clicking buy etc? Could your bank not give you anymore info about the transactions?

LovingLola Tue 10-Oct-17 22:16:45

Have you signed up for Apple Pay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now