Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone ever claimed for consequential loss via Visa chargeback?

(3 Posts)
longestlurkerever Sat 07-Oct-17 10:14:48

They've agreed to a refund of my monarch flights under the Visa Debit Chargeback promise (not s75 but similar) but I can't get a straight answer about whether I can claim for my accommodation and outbound flight or an alternative flight home. I need to know one way or another what my chances are as I have some decisions to make, but he either didn't understand the question (although he seemed to) or was incapable of answering - but I couldn't even determine when or how I could get the info - he was trying to direct me to the CAA but it's not a matter for them what's covered by the Chargeback terms, surely? Any help much appreciated.

19lottie82 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:56:37

I wouldn't assume so but I'm no expert.from your post I take it you don't have travel insurance?

longestlurkerever Sun 08-Oct-17 12:02:26

Thanks, I do but with an excess - we would have to pay the first £560 of a claim - and it only covers me for a replacement flight so I'd have to find an extra £560 now. I think I now have my answer from Visa though and it's a no sad . Luckily our accommodation people are being more reasonable and I might be able to move or cancel my bookings, which would help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now