Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Remortage help

(3 Posts)
Pollyputthekettleon45 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:10:22

I could really do with some help on remortages.

Ive inherited a house which has no mortgage. We need a remortage to do work on it (preapproved by the bank for £80k)
We need to book an appointment for them to put it through properly.

I'm not financially savvy. I don't know anything about mortgages, fixed rate, SVR, interest free or anything like that because i've never done it (we rent)
I want to go in and know what they are telling me. Where is the best place to look for this information? Is there anything i need to avoid?

Any help would be appreciatedsmile

lookatmenow Thu 05-Oct-17 17:18:08

Are you going to a mortgage/finance adviser? - This is someone who will look for the best deal for you and sort out or the legalities of it.

They also advise on the best terms of that agreement, will also look at your financials and how best to improve them.

It's THEIR job to know the best stuff around and advise you accordingly. Don't be afraid to ask questions or get them to do over stuff if you don't understand.

I would advise to do it this way rather than just going straight to you bank or trying to find the best deal online. These guys usually can get better deals than you can ever get.

Good luck

MortgageDiva Fri 06-Oct-17 18:59:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: