Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone got a NON CONTACTLESS credit card? Who is it with please?

(44 Posts)
KangaMummy Thu 05-Oct-17 17:09:43

Really do not want a contactless credit card but our new ones arrived today and they are contactless

Can't find any online that are non contactless CREDIT cards

Please help

fuzzywuzzy Thu 05-Oct-17 17:11:06

I have one with Sainsbury’s

CherieBabySpliffUp Thu 05-Oct-17 17:12:43

Can you not contact your card company and ask for a non-contactless one?

Becca19962014 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:12:56

I don't and I have epilepsy so it's a real risk for me having contactless at all (it's not controlled). The best I've been able to do is get an alert set up if contactless is ever used because it will be fraud as I refuse to use it. I was told to begin with to move with times and stop being old fashioned confused I explained and they agreed to put the alert on.

Having said that, I'd be interested if others don't have it!

Restingwitchface Thu 05-Oct-17 17:14:31

I have a non contact less debit card with first direct.

lornathewizzard Thu 05-Oct-17 17:14:48

My Santander card doesn’t but I think that might just be because it’s not expired yet

JoyceDivision Thu 05-Oct-17 17:16:08

Contact your bank / card provider, they should be able to order a new card with the contactless feature removed. It can be done,but youbmay need to escalate your request or complain if they say no.

MrsBobtonTrent Thu 05-Oct-17 17:16:17

I asked HSBC for a contactless debit card. When a replacement credit card (new expiry date) arrived a few months later it was also contactless, so I assume my request is on file and applies to all cards.

KangaMummy Thu 05-Oct-17 17:16:44

Oh didn't think about supermarkets

Thank you smilesmilesmile

TheGuffalo Thu 05-Oct-17 17:16:50

SOrry for being thick but how does contactless affect epilepsy?

MrsBobtonTrent Thu 05-Oct-17 17:16:56

I didn't need to give a reason BTW.

sinceyouask Thu 05-Oct-17 17:18:00

Aqua. You wouldn't want it, OP, it's a credit card for people rebuilding their histories and the interest is a killer.

You may have seen this already, it's from November 2016 and lists which providers do and don't let you opt out of contactless. It may be out of date now though.

TheGuffalo Thu 05-Oct-17 17:19:23

supportcentre.ulsterbank.co.uk/Searchable/913224932/What-if-I-don-t-want-a-contactless-card.htm

BlackPeppercorn Thu 05-Oct-17 17:19:38

My sister received a contactless replacement from Santander and took it into the branch to complain and managed to get a non-contactless. Mind you, she has been with them eons and has a lot of money there. So they might have been inclined to pander to her.
The DC have Natwest 11-18yrs accounts and they don't have contactless, much to dd's chagrin.

Caulkheadupnorf Thu 05-Oct-17 17:20:22

Vanquis and aqua.

Surely you can just ask for the contactless to be turned off, like you can with a debit card?

KangaMummy Thu 05-Oct-17 17:20:34

My DH rang them (we have joint cards) to ask for non contactless after it arrived from NATWEST

They told him he couldn't have one as they were all contactless and were quite rude about it

So we want to change to new credit cards

Cheerybigbottom Thu 05-Oct-17 17:20:44

NatWest issue them. They sent me a non contactless card when I joined my husbands account this year and I had to ask them to send me a contactless instead (great for on the bus).

RonniePasas Thu 05-Oct-17 17:20:53

I have heard that if you cut a tiny corner off the card it refers the contactless inoperative. No idea if this is true but may be worth a google

Becca19962014 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:21:09

gruffalo because I lose consiousness a lot, including when out, and people can and have taken and used my contactless cards. The time limit and other safety features aren't necessarily true. I found out the hard way. Particularly as if I have. A seizure in public it can mean being taken to hospital for several hours and not being well enough to check I still have my credit/debit cards.

I'll look into those being mentioned as well!

TheGuffalo Thu 05-Oct-17 17:21:25

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-3214113/Customers-request-not-contactless-debit-card-major-banks-say-one-just-1-200-millions-have.html

Cheerybigbottom Thu 05-Oct-17 17:21:48

Oh just saw your post before me OP. I asked for a card change in branch, maybe you could ask again in the same way?

TheGuffalo Thu 05-Oct-17 17:22:55

Ah becca, I didn’t even think about that. I thought maybe the tech itself was the issue for your epilepsy. God people are bastards.

Becca19962014 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:24:11

It's ok, the sort of thing you don't think about until it happens to you. I'd don't think about it either and should have!

Thoth Thu 05-Oct-17 17:25:26

Mines JL partnership card- contactless ATM, but I'm not due a replacement for a while. Worth ringing them (and they give cashback , well vouchers, on jL, waitrose and Ocado spending)

TheGuffalo Thu 05-Oct-17 17:26:23

😒flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now