Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

We are fully registered - no yawning allowed - it's MLM Botwatch 32!

(972 Posts)
GavinFromTradingStandards Sun 03-Sep-17 19:09:46

Pm me for more info Huns grin

Flutteringkites Sun 03-Sep-17 19:37:19

Aw! Totes, babes! Cheers, hun!

Brittbugs80 Sun 03-Sep-17 20:27:22

Could I trouble someone to pm who salonbot and browbot are please?

cozietoesie Sun 03-Sep-17 20:39:11

Thanks, Gavin. smile

GavinFromTradingStandards Sun 03-Sep-17 20:39:51

Could t cope without my huns-had to start the next thread!

cozietoesie Sun 03-Sep-17 20:47:09

Just don't expect me to use the 'H' word! grin

Jonsey32 Sun 03-Sep-17 20:52:29

Stokeflatbrokebot is having a baby!

SSDGM Sun 03-Sep-17 20:55:01

WHAT!?!?

Moose23IsHungry Sun 03-Sep-17 20:59:40

Nooooo! How? With whom? I wish I could see his posts.

Would the mum be Lipbot? One of the "coffee D's"? Or maybe just a cup of coffee?

Jonsey32 Sun 03-Sep-17 21:14:29

With the mother of his other 2 babies from what I can gather!!

GoldenKelpie Sun 03-Sep-17 21:18:28

I've had a look at his fb page (stokeflatbrokebot) and can't see posts since 31st August. Another baby? Good heavens shock.

Moose23IsHungry Sun 03-Sep-17 21:22:33

He better start selling some coffee..

SSDGM Sun 03-Sep-17 21:22:34

Poor girl. He was living with another woman 3 months ago. I thought she had taken him back. Let's hope she can afford to support her kids.

darceybussell Sun 03-Sep-17 21:25:02

Hi hi hiii Huns!!!

GavinFromTradingStandards Sun 03-Sep-17 21:41:30

Hi hi hiiii!!!

Norma27 Sun 03-Sep-17 22:11:42

Just popping on. Unfortunately can't stay long as my hair straighteners have broken. Yawn!!

PoppyPopcorn Sun 03-Sep-17 22:55:33

16 posts in and the gossipy-ness about favourite "bots" has started already...

Anyway. I've just read that "Just for Tiny People" which was backed by one of the guys of Dragons' Den has imploded. Lots of money lost. This was the company which marketed teepees and asked people to buy a business in a box to give themselves the right to sell the product, and call themselves Business Fairies. hmm. Hope nobody on MN has been burned with this one.

TrippleFlappyDiamondSparrow Sun 03-Sep-17 23:12:21

Brokebot with more kids that the state will be no doubt left to provide for... Yay!

About JFTP - I've only read bits and bobs over the last few weeks about this so not 100%... don't think it's full MLM, but seems like loads of dodgy things have been going on. People really angry about Deborah from Dragons not saying anything, although doesn't looks she's been involved with it for a bit. Rightly so there are a lot of people really upset, some have lost thousands by the look of it.

CheekySmile Sun 03-Sep-17 23:28:40

Even thought JFTP wasn't using the MLM model, it was still selling people (who am I kidding, it was all women) the dream of owning their own business and creating a good income when it was never going to provide anything of the sort. I hope there's justice for those who lost money.

imokhun Mon 04-Sep-17 01:00:07

What's the idea behind the really cringe promotion/position titles? Business fairy, emerald, diamond, Princess etc. It makes me want to roll my eyes back to the dawn of time.

GavinFromTradingStandards Mon 04-Sep-17 06:27:14

I can only assume "diamond" etc is to make it sound prestigious and glamorous.

"Business fairy" is just ridiculous though-it makes it sound like something you'd tell a child they were to get them to do their homework. Or a euphemism for a con artists hmm

fitgirl26 Mon 04-Sep-17 07:00:50

Wasn't there a whole MN thread about JFTP a while ago? I seem to remember a disgruntled "business fairy" and the woman who owns the whole thing was posting and getting quite abusive and it eventually got deleted.

Annie65 Mon 04-Sep-17 07:55:24

Found you, just book marking the new fred. wink

ArbunneHun Mon 04-Sep-17 08:22:15

Don't get me started on the fluffiness and infantilising in MLM. 'Bossbabe' 'mompreneur' 'business fairy' - it trivialises women. It makes it all look like silly make believe.

Words matter, people.

fitgirl26 Mon 04-Sep-17 08:51:56

"Just a Mum building her empire". No you're recruiting people to recruit people to recruit people and maybe sell some overpriced stuff at the same time. You are making some men in Utah very rich but you are NOT building an empire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now