Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

NHS pension

(10 Posts)
beekeeper17 Tue 04-Jul-17 10:34:10

This is probably a really silly question but I can't find the answer anywhere on their website or googling.

I have an NHS pension that I paid into when I worked for the NHS although I haven't worked for them now for quite a few years, and am probably unlikely to work for the NHS again. On my pension statement it tells me what I'd get as a lump sum and yearly amount. But is this what I'd get assuming I don't pay anything more into it? Or does it assume I'd keep contributing to it, even though I haven't contributed in years so I don't know how they'd calculate that??

Anyone with an NHS pension in a similar situation that knows?

Tobuyornot99 Tue 04-Jul-17 10:45:59

The forecast given on the website should be on based on contributions already made, with predicted growth of your pot. Unless of course it's wildly out, then there could be a glitch - I'm assuming it seems quite genres to you?

drinkswineoutofamug Tue 04-Jul-17 10:46:12

Have you phoned SBS? They may be able to give you some info. NHS pensions have changed and not for the better.

beekeeper17 Tue 04-Jul-17 11:03:01

Thanks, I'll phone them just to check. It's not wildly generous by any means but more than I thought it would be worth considering I only paid in for about 4 years. I only got round to registering to be able to check my statements online recently so have only just found out what it was worth.

drinkswineoutofamug Tue 04-Jul-17 11:33:40

Is this the gateway thing ?

beekeeper17 Tue 04-Jul-17 11:49:34

Yes, that's it.

drinkswineoutofamug Tue 04-Jul-17 12:27:50

I've paid in 12 years be interesting

beekeeper17 Tue 04-Jul-17 12:44:13

Have you checked on the gateway?

drinkswineoutofamug Tue 04-Jul-17 12:49:18

Can't find my log in. It's on a piece of paper somewhere 'safe'

allzwell Fri 07-Jul-17 22:07:20

It's what you would get based without any more contributions

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: