Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Selling books - eBay or Amazon

(5 Posts)
ASauvingnonADay Mon 26-Jun-17 06:38:01

Textbooks and some fiction - which is better? I've got an account on both (although cocked up and opened a Pro account on Amazon accidentally has already cost me about £30!) and am an expert on eBay, but wonder which is better in terms if fees and selling?

19lottie82 Mon 26-Jun-17 09:10:42

Unless it's a really in demand title, I wouldn't bother, some
Books sell for 1p (plus postage) on Amazon.
People don't bother that much with books anymore and the minimum postage price (£2.80) put a lot of people off buying them.

19lottie82 Mon 26-Jun-17 09:11:54

I'd assume textbooks would sell better but you would need to check on both sites and see if they're actually worth selling.

Idreamofpizza Tue 27-Jun-17 23:03:21

If you've got a few books to sell you could try musicmagpie. They don't pay a lot per book but they collect from your door. I usually put my books in a bag until I've got quite a few and then sell in bulk

Scotmum83 Thu 29-Jun-17 17:32:12

I've used music magpie and webuyanybooks, you can sell a big batch of books and they collect the box by courier. I wouldn't bother with Amazon or eBay unless the textbooks are worth a lot and are recent editions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now