Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is this right?

(1 Post)
strugglingfinancially Tue 13-Jun-17 12:17:52

Hello everyone

I'm on a pre-payment metre for my gas and electric. I have no debt or anything like that with them. Last week I topped up £20 for the week which lasted me until yesterday morning so I had to activate my emergency credit that morning I then went out and was out all days l didn't even use any electric apart from the obvious like fridge being plugged in etc. So then I went to the shop at 18:30 and topped up my key with £15 as I knew I only used a few pence of emergency credit so I would get most of it. I put it in metre it read £15 on key then deducted £4.13 for emergency credit. I'm so annoyed as I only got around £10 when I didn't even use all the emergency!!! I just have used around 6 hours of emergency on very little electricity usage. It think they are taking the piss. £4.13 for that??? I've used emergency credit in the past and it usually lasts at least 2 days until top up. I'm fuming because I'm struggling financially as it is and I won't be able to buy anymore till next week so i could be without electricity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now