Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much do you pay for your ironing?

(16 Posts)
BusyBee2017 Tue 13-Jun-17 09:35:44

Hi

For those of you who pay somebody to do your ironing how much do you pay?

Do you pay per item or by weight?

Does the ironing person put the items on a hanger and cover with plastic?

Do you get it back quickly?

WhatHaveIFound Tue 13-Jun-17 09:38:14

I pay £8.50 per hour for someone who irons in my own home and hangs everything back up the wardrobes.

YesILikeItToo Tue 13-Jun-17 09:40:38

£20 for a bin bag. Comes back on hangers, or folded back into bag for things that don't hang. No plastic cover. Comes back the next day.

(If this is market research, I should add that I consider this to be an enormous bargain.)

Vanillamanilla1 Tue 13-Jun-17 09:43:54

£21 for 40 items that dosent include sheets and quilts but includes everything else
Comes back hung and covered

calamityjane99 Tue 13-Jun-17 09:51:11

Pretty sure it's 60p or 70p for adult items, 30p for kids and pillowcases. £2 for duvet cover. I send out hangers so as not to get it back on the wired ones, not covered in plastic except duvet cover etc which is and is folded back in the basket. There's two of us and seems to be about £10 a week.

BusyBee2017 Tue 13-Jun-17 11:32:28

That's is very good.

Thank you for getting back to me everybody.

How many items do you give in one bin bag?

YesILikeItToo Tue 13-Jun-17 12:18:28

I don't know! I could count next time if you're still interested, but it won't be for a while because I do fit a lot in and we've just done a load...

JoJoSM2 Tue 13-Jun-17 13:59:49

That works out quite cheap, it seems. Our cleaner does the ironing. If I think of the time it takes, it's probably more like £1/item.

Rubyslippers7780 Tue 13-Jun-17 14:01:20

£5 for half an hour. All items hung and covered and get loads done!

Sleepsforpeeps Tue 13-Jun-17 14:08:45

I pay £10 for 30 items which is quite cheap imo, I supply the hangers - if it's adult clothing that works out at almost a full bin bag, DC clothing make up about half a bin bag. I drop off/pick up the items up. It can be tricky getting all the hung items in the car without crushing them though...

Snorktasia Tue 13-Jun-17 14:17:49

£5.00 per kilo. Picked up from my house, delivered next evening on hangers/folded depending on the item. I like the £ per kilo method as you get lots of the fiddlier stuff like shirts & blouses to the kilo, don't usually bother sending stuff like sweatshirts which weigh more.

I haven't ironed for 20 years other than the odd emergency item. DP has never ever ironed anything!

bookgirl1982 Tue 13-Jun-17 14:20:23

£20 for ten shirts and a bag for life of adult clothes. I supply hangers and it is picked and dropped back later the same day.

glenthebattleostrich Tue 13-Jun-17 14:25:39

£15 for a large bag (Costco or IKEA sized.)

All comes back on hangers, which I return to be reused and with plastic covers, I also try to return to reuse.

Absolute bargain, picked up on a Saturday morning and returned Sunday evening.

BusyBee2017 Tue 13-Jun-17 18:43:28

Thank you everybody for taking the time out to post a message.

Yes I was thinking of ironing at home whilst looking after children for some extra money (declared of course)

bimbobaggins Tue 13-Jun-17 18:56:52

I pay 15 for 30 items, picked up and dropped off at my home. Hangers included and covered in plastic sheeting. I only get it done once a month really, I do it the rest of the time myself although I'm growing to hate it even more.

Aroundtheworldandback Tue 13-Jun-17 23:24:02

My cleaner does the ironing so £12 an hour depends on how fast (or slow) she feels like going

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now