Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Buy a house or keep renting?

(4 Posts)
Squiffy01 Sun 11-Jun-17 17:16:46

Hi all,

DH and I are very slowly getting a deposit together for a house but can't yet afford anything we would want long term.
We are currently renting (for silly money in London) so if we got a mortgage for a teeny tiny one bedroom flat in the outer areas of London would be would be able as I save more money as the mortgage repayments would be less that the rent.
But is it silly do buy something else hay you don't actually want and should we just keep putting everything we can into savings?

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Mon 12-Jun-17 12:25:56

If it was me I would buy the flat if you will be able to save more for your deposit For the place you want in the long run. Unless commuting will add a lot more expense.

From what I know about London house prices hopefully the flat should also go up in value so you will get more back When you sell hopefully.

frenchfancy Mon 12-Jun-17 16:14:17

I wouldn't rely on London house prices increasing in the short term.

supadupapupascupa Mon 12-Jun-17 16:15:46

I would always buy if you could. You would be chipping away at the mortgage instead of someone elses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now