Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

First time buyers - payslips..issues!!

(4 Posts)
Ohla19 Sat 10-Jun-17 21:32:38

Hi,

Hoping someone can give some advice. Situation - I'm currently in the process of applying for a mortgage with my partner for HSBC. I work for a Childminder and had asked my boss if she would be able to give me 3 months payslips for my application. She said this would be no problem and would get her accountant to do this for when I next come in. Anyway got my payslips in an envelope and my partner looked over at these and checked my statements to ensure everything was fine...that's when he realised they don't match up!! Will this mess the application or is there anyway they would just use his income instead? Already I'm not in the best situation being a part time worker and on a zero hour contract for my 2nd job. Although I will be starting a new job with more hours and leaving these jobs I feel hopless just now and not sure what to do??

RoseVase2010 Sat 10-Jun-17 22:07:36

Yes it will cause issues as they should be the same figures, part of the reason you supply those and bank statements is to double check.

You should raise the issue with your employer.

Ohla19 Sun 11-Jun-17 11:23:11

I'm definitely taking it up with her as this could affect us getting a mortgage and it's already delaying us!

Moanyoldcow Sun 11-Jun-17 19:29:29

Why don't you get monthly payslips? It's a legal requirement that they are provided on or before the day you are paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now