Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Repossession of home - amount of time to vacate

(2 Posts)
LavaLamprey Sun 04-Jun-17 20:47:07

My home is going to be repossessed. I have to go to court on Tuesday. I am not going to contest it as I have no assets and currently no income.

Has anyone else been through this process?

I understand that the usual amount of time given by the court to vacate the property is usually 28 days. However, several sites say that this can be 56 days. However, I can't find any information regarding under what circumstances a longer period might be granted. Does anyone know?

It would be very handy to have a longer period to get everything sorted but I am not sure how best to go about asking for it.

AliCat36 Sun 04-Jun-17 20:53:00

There's often a duty solicitor there to give you a bit of advice. In court you can talk to the judge, it's just a man or woman in a suit sitting at a desk & they're usually reasonable so long as you are too grin I don't know whether the judge can give an extended time but there's no harm in you asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now