Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can anyone advise me on travel insurance?

(5 Posts)
inmyheadimthequeen Fri 02-Jun-17 18:29:42

We have booked a big holiday this year, it's costing nearly 20k for me, DH and two teens. We have had an annual travel policy that has just expired so we need to renew it. However, I'm having trouble finding a policy that will cover us for a specific circumstance - our existing insurer has told me that their criteria has changed. Basically, I want to cover cancellation in the event that my mum passes away or becomes very ill - she is not travelling with us but is being treated for cancer. There is no reason to think her illness is terminal or even that her condition will deteriorate but if it does, I would want to be with her. I've searched other companies but they all seem to have this exclusion. Does anyone know of a company that will cover a pre-existing condition for a non-travelling relative in this way, please?

19lottie82 Fri 02-Jun-17 18:55:18

I can't advise directly as to whether this would be possible, but why not try an insurance broker?

PersianCatLady Fri 02-Jun-17 19:10:38

travelinsurance1.postoffice.co.uk/Content/POMS/files/Documents/Policy%20Summary.pdf

On this document go to the section entitled -
"Cancellation or Curtailment Cover for Non-Insured Persons"

Do you think that this is what you are looking for??

inmyheadimthequeen Fri 02-Jun-17 20:12:55

Thank you Catlady, that is a big help, I'm going with it.

PersianCatLady Fri 02-Jun-17 21:35:31

Thank you Catlady, that is a big help, I'm going with it
Excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now