Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

On Car Advertising

(3 Posts)
Jaz1989 Wed 31-May-17 11:38:10

Hey smile,

My team are launching a campaign in the Birmingham area for a company that is kind of like an uber for beauticians, so you can get on demand beauty services to your home.

Basically they want to try and persuade mums to display advertising on their cars for the brand (they get paid a monthly fee to offset childcare costs etc).

I'm not really sure if this makes sense, personally think they should be focusing on a young audience, but the company is adamant they want to target mums as it is more 'on brand'.

Would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks about this. Would you mind if your car had advertising on it? Have you looked into other similar things etc?

Thanks,

Jaz

rhinorocks Thu 01-Jun-17 22:03:15

Why would they have associated childcare costs that they would need to offset?

Alm1986 Fri 02-Jun-17 15:42:55

If it was targeted at working mums (judging by childcare costs), would the car not spend most of the day at the place of work and therefore not be advertising? My car spends 8 hours a day in a private car park, no one would see it.

Unless I'm totally missing the point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now